Do the Axe-Fx 3 mark 1 and 2 have any differences in tones or more features?

No differences in tone. I've had both and the main differences are the MKII screen is much sharper and there is twice the preset memory, which is significant to me.

No difference in tone, but I dont think the extra preset slots is the end of the story, There will be a feature difference/parity between the I and II in the future, where MK II is supposed to support some new feature that wont be available in MK I.

What that new feature is is anyone’s guess, we shall see.

No difference in tone, but I dont think the extra preset slots is the end of the story, There will be a feature difference/parity between the I and II in the future, where MK II is supposed to support some new feature that wont be available in MK I.

What that new feature is is anyone’s guess, we shall see.
Where did you see the MKII will support a new feature the original wont?

The biggest feature the MKII has over the original is that the MKII is what's currently in being made!

The better display on the MKII is pretty nifty, IMO. The better viewing angle on it fixes one of my very few annoyances with my 1st gen Axe FX 3.

Thank you all and happy holidays to you all! Also if there is anybody who wants to swap their axe fx 3 mark 1 to downsize for a brand new fm3 I have coming then let me know lol. Also do you guys think they should give the ability to fm3 users to use dual amps? I wanna hear what you guys think.

Also do you guys think they should give the ability to fm3 users to use dual amps? I wanna hear what you guys think.
It doesn't matter what we think... It matters what is possible.

Cliff won't compromise on amp modeling quality and it's not currently possible to run two Amp blocks without doing so.

Thank you all and happy holidays to you all! Also if there is anybody who wants to swap their axe fx 3 mark 1 to downsize for a brand new fm3 I have coming then let me know lol. Also do you guys think they should give the ability to fm3 users to use dual amps? I wanna hear what you guys think.
It is not possible at this time. It’s a fact.

If you are having a rough day then find some positivity.
The FM3 has been out for a while now. 2 amp blocks have been discussed numerous times and the answer has been it’s not going to happen. There’s nothing negative about that statement, it’s been said already by the developer.

I think folks often underestimate just how much more powerful the III is. Cliff has stated that the FM3 is somewhere between the AX8 and the Axe II in terms of total processing power.

3-Benchmarks-w-footnote-gray2.jpg

Some features are simply not possible on the FM3's hardware without big reductions is quality.

It doesn't matter what we think... It matters what is possible.

Cliff won't compromise on amp modeling quality and it's not currently possible to run two Amp blocks without doing so.

I know a separate CPU handles the Amp Blocks, but is it true that using 2 always compromises the resolution of the amp model? Where is that covered in the manual?

Back
Top Bottom