Do new units ship with latest firmware?

zenaxe

Fractal Fanatic
Hi Guys... new soon to be AxeFx Ultra owner here (got the wife's okay on Thanksgiving for this to be my Christmas present to myself :) ). I've been GASsing for this thing for a year or so, so obviously, I'm pretty stoked. I'll be using it mostly in a PC/home studio context and I'm a PC patch editor type guy, so I will want to get Axe-Edit up ASAP.

So, I dusted off my MIDIsport 4x4 and it is working, and I went ahead and grabbed the latest AxeEdit but noted the stuff regarding the SYSEX ID change in the 10.x firmware and a lack of backward compatbility. So this has me wondering:

Does anyone know if a new (say it was ordered today) unit ships with the latest (or at least 10.x) firmware? Based on the way Fractal fills orders, does waiting lists, etc, I'd guess they don't keep much back inventory on hand so I figure there's a chance that most units might ship with the most up to date firmware on the fly rather than shipping with some standard but old version you immediately have to upgrade like some more mainstream manufacturers do.

thanks for any info!

That's great to hear. Thanks for the fast response. Sounds like chances are pretty good that I can just download the latest AxeEdit and get it preloaded and waiting for the new unit! :)

zenaxe said:
That's great to hear. Thanks for the fast response. Sounds like chances are pretty good that I can just download the latest AxeEdit and get it preloaded and waiting for the new unit! :)
Yup - it loads up just fine without an Axe attached. You can play around with the included preset folders, load patches and look at parameters and get a feel for what it does. No sound of course :(

yep! did not have a midi connection to my pc ... so, everytime a new firmware comes out i order a new axe ... works for me .... :D

Morphosis said:
yep! did not have a midi connection to my pc ... so, everytime a new firmware comes out i order a new axe ... works for me .... :D

Not a bad strategy if you have deep pockets, plus you always have a backup. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom