Do Latest FM3 Edit/Drivers Support old Axe FX II Editor (Windoz)?

DJD100

Power User
Sorry for the dumb question though my Axe II isn't here for a couple of days so I can't try it myself.

I've just installed the latest FM3 Edit and Drivers on a Win 8.1 PC. So, will my old Axe Edit for the Axe II (Ares) work with these latest FM3 Edit Drivers?

I'll need to have both Axe Edits open (II and FM3), if possible, to move my main gigging preset over to the FM3 (which sounds great BTW!).

Curious as worst case I can use separate computers etc, but if anyone knows please sound off...

Thx!

Does installing the FM3 driver overwrite or erase the AFX II driver? If not, they should both run.

Your Axe-Fx II is an Axe-Fx II, not an FM3. So the FM3 driver won’t work for it. You need an Axe-Fx II driver for that.

OK, then, can the Axe II drivers and the FM3 drivers coexist on the same machine?

I uninstalled the Axe II drivers before installing the FM3 drivers hoping they would be backwards compatible, but can easily reinstall them etc?

Thx...

I’m about 100% sure the answer is yes since the AxeIII and FM3 drivers play nicely together on my computer.

OK, then, can the Axe II drivers and the FM3 drivers coexist on the same machine?

I uninstalled the Axe II drivers before installing the FM3 drivers hoping they would be backwards compatible, but can easily reinstall them etc?

Thx...
Yes. I have drivers for my FM3, Axe-Fx III, Axe II, AX8 and FX8 all running on one PC.

Back
Top Bottom