Do I keep my audiointerface once I get the FM3

Leftyjay

Hi guys. I will be, one day, a proud owner of the FM3.

im a bedroom player, just started recording songs and guitar is "just" a passion for me.

last september, I ditched my 11R (thank you for your service !) and went the VST route while waiting for the FM3. I then bought a 6i8 focusrite.

sooooo, my question is : what could be the benefits of keeping the audiointerface since the FM3 can act as one?

You can use a mic or other devices and plug the FM3 into the interface too. Then you can mix these devices or simply record them all at the same time.

I could never live without a standalone audio interface. It's great that the FM3 has an interface that allows people to record while they're on the go, but it is too limited to be there heart of my studio.

Keep it. Try it with the FM3 just for kicks.
These days you pretty much have to have a standalone high quality interface.

All good replies guys. Just to clarify however : the fm3 should have the same high quality of my Focusrite for let say the guitar input and headphone output right? Thats mostly what im looking for. Im not planing in recording more than one device at the time, i dont plan on record vocals, etc

All good replies guys. Just to clarify however : the fm3 should have the same high quality of my Focusrite for let say the guitar input and headphone output right? Thats mostly what im looking for. Im not planing in recording more than one device at the time, i dont plan on record vocals, etc

Yes, for "guitar only" I would agree the FM3 should have a preferred quality. Of course, I'm basing my assumption on the quality of the Axe III at this present juncture.

However, as others have pointed out, for vocals and micing other instruments, you may want to take advantage of the wider preamp spectrum of Focusrite.

I only record guitar at home, so I personally don't have a need for an additional audio interface. That said; being you already have the Focusrite, I would hold on to it for a little while to be sure your requirements are satisfied.

I hope that helps.

Very little market value for most interfaces and it’s always nice to be able to play make music with them, hook up a mic, etc, without needing to power up the Axe every time you want to play a YouTube video clip

Back
Top Bottom