Do I have the newest firmware?

esterocker

Ok so I just received my new AX8 directly from fractal and I am wanting to add the new Larry Mitchell patches. But I need the newest firmware, how can I tell what firmware I have?
And the only way to upgrade the firmware is midi and fractalbot??

Also, both Fractalbot and AX8Edit shows your current firmware when your AX8 is connected. When I received mine like a month ago, it came with Quantum 5.0X (can't recall exact version) and first thing I did was an update to the latest 6.02 version via Fractalbot.

Ok so I just received my new AX8 directly from fractal and I am wanting to add the new Larry Mitchell patches. But I need the newest firmware, how can I tell what firmware I have?
And the only way to upgrade the firmware is midi and fractalbot??

USB in my opinion is a lot easier than MIDI. To see what version, just scroll through Utility Menu until you get to the screen that shows firmware version. If need to update, connect the AX8 to a computer with a USB cable (it's the type of cable that has a larger plug for the device and regular flat USB plug for the computer), then download Fractalbot. Fractalbot makes it really easy. You should get the AX8 edit software after, as that's an easier intro to the deep functions of this device.

I gotcha! I have the newest firmware.
But let me get this right.. the only way to upgrade the firmware is with fractalbot and a midi cable? sorry i am looking at the program and i don't see any option for usb

I gotcha! I have the newest firmware.
But let me get this right.. the only way to upgrade the firmware is with fractalbot and a midi cable? sorry i am looking at the program and i don't see any option for usb
No ,use USB. It shows up as AX8 midi in the menu but assuredly its USB

Back
Top Bottom