Do any of you conserve IA's ??

6L6C

Power User
First I just got the MFC-101 and pretty much just doing some reading, but setting up my plan what works for me.

But as far as what I mean by conserving IA’s. (Going by default values) This is in Axe mode BTW.

Example: on the MFC switch 13 is “multi-delay 1” and 14 is “delay 1” I never see myself using a delay and a multi-delay in the same patch. So I will probally go into the Axe FX and say change “delay 1” cc number to the same as “multi-delay 1” which in this case is #48. And this would free up a switch for something else.

Just setup the IA's to what you prefer. That's the point of the box. You don't need to 'conserve' anything.

6L6C said:
Example: on the MFC switch 13 is “multi-delay 1” and 14 is “delay 1” I never see myself using a delay and a multi-delay in the same patch. So I will probally go into the Axe FX and say change “delay 1” cc number to the same as “multi-delay 1” which in this case is #48. And this would free up a switch for something else.

That's a great idea. You could do the same thing for other effect types (like setting Quad Chorus to the same CC as Chorus).

kruzty said:
6L6C said:

That's a great idea. You could do the same thing for other effect types (like setting Quad Chorus to the same CC as Chorus).

I don't have the MFC-101 so am not sure if it would be the same as my LFPro but if you have 2 effects blocks assigned to the same CC then the IA state can only be assigned to detect the state of one FX block in a preset. Say you have Chorus and MultiChorus assigned to CC#25. You can only assign one effect to CC#25 in the MFC so lets say you assign Chrous1 to that. If you then have a preset containing the MultiChorus (which you havce also assigned to cc#25) instead of Chorus1 the MFC will show that IA as not being present in the patch. I guess the MFC may not behave like this but I had to come up with a workaround for my Liquid Foot Pro so it's just a thought.

Spence

You can do this with the external foot-switches. I have a triple foot-switch which I have set up for multi-toggle on and off: one switch turns on filters, enhancers set to same cc, one is for rotory/synth on and off and the other is for eq (all types). If you don't see the need to switch off an effect type separately for each one, or for effects that usually appear once in a patch, it's good to have a switch to do multiple things. I tried this with internal MFC switches and the device got "confused" and the effect doesn't appear on the board. I'm sure there must be a way to configure this though beyond assigning the effect name. The nice thing about this gear is there are so many options to personalize it.
I just finished setting volume pedal, and various functions to a second expression pedal, plus adding various types of wah to fave patches after remapping the unit to my "best of" arranged in groupings of rhythms, leads etc. yikes, it took about 10 hours in total. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom