Do 11b Patches Need to be Created from Scratch?

Ventanaman

Inspired
I am a bit confused on this (and since it is beta, there aren't release notes).

If I am upgrading FW from 10.12 to 11b, do I need to re-create my patches from scratch, or can I just re-initialize the amp block and dial in to taste?

Thanks.

I am a bit confused on this (and since it is beta, there aren't release notes).

If I am upgrading FW from 10.12 to 11b, do I need to re-create my patches from scratch, or can I just re-initialize the amp block and dial in to taste?

Thanks.

It depends. On generic patches you need not do much, but if you tweak advanced parameters, depth, dynamic pres and bass, you'll have work to do if you reset the amp.

I find 11 to be much brighter sounding.

Also there is a bug where the cathode % alters the compression to the same %.

I waited, and just updated a couple days ago from 10.11, read a few posts where people had issue, I didn't have any issues.

I'll be honest, 11b didn't really affect my patches as I have them dialed in pretty tight. I went back and compared to 10.11 and then 10.12. The difference for me on my patches are very hard to notice. Again I am thinking it has a lot more to do with my set-up and how I have it dialed in... lots of gain, lots of tweaked frequencies, and EMG's. YMMV

Make sure you back up 1st using the latest FRACTAL BOT.

Thanks. I appreciate the input.

I updated without issue using the Fractal Bot.

Awesome dynamics in 11b with the Pete Thorn presets.

I upgraded and went right to a gig (I actually have done this with every FW and only twice did I every thanks damn got to do some tweaking ASAP

Back
Top Bottom