DLR/Steve Vai - Ladies' Nite In Buffalo? | FULL COVER+PRESETS| QUANTUM 1.0.5

TheTrooper

Inspired
You can Jazz it up or Play it slow......But it's not the only song I know! :p

As promised, here's my Full Video Cover of this great great Song, from the Eat 'Em and Smile Album.
Sorry if it took me that much time, but I had some problems in the past days and that delayed it.
(I recorded almost everything this morning and edited it in 3 hours, so basically I could have done this in one day, but it was a very very full week)
I did all the guitars you hear on the Cover; I re-recorded the Solo. (As you can hear, it's nt the same as the previous I posted)

Enough chit-chat, let's get in the details. :D

Rhythm Patch:
For both the Rhythm and Lead sounds I've used the Brit JM45 model, that "I" have heavily modified to get close to the one that Steve used for the recording of the album (that amp was for sale a couple of years back, check it on Google).
KT88 tubes, Sat Switch, Different EQ in the EQ page (has nothing left of the original amp....exactly as Steve's Amp).
These is a TS808 in front of the amp, and 2 Compressors (I only run 1, but you can choose which one), a Chorus (that I didn't use, but you might like it) and 2 Delays. (Only the Tape Delay was on)
The Tape Delays is panned 45%R while the Amp (actually the Cab Block) 45%L.
Cabs are the Pre-Rola 55 and 75 made by ML Sounds, that are included in the Axe Fx with the Quantum Firmware.
No Noise Gate(s) were armed in the recording process. (Hahah)

Lead Patch:
As I said, same Amp, but the controls (Except Bass) are DIMED.
Everything that was tweakable in the ADV page was tweaked....I added Pick Attack because it's a nice add.
Different Drive Block (TS Mod), same Cabs, Digital Mind Guy Delay (Which is just great) to give that (Almost) Double Tracked feel, and that technique was used on the actual Album. (70ms Delay)
Slighlty different Panning (just panned more LOL).
Oh Yeah, there is a Reverb on both patches (panned center).
Now, on this Patch I'm running a Noise Gate, and trust me, You will too, otherwise your face will be melted. :D
The Guitar is a 1991 Ibanez Usa Custom Exotic Wood;
On the last part of the Video, during the 3rd Chorus (After the Solo) I did an Outro Impov. beacause what the heck, it's fun to improvise on this beautiul track :D
EDIT: I forgot to say that there are No Vocals, because there is No Backing Track with Vocals but without Guitars, and I really didn't want to put everything on top of the Original :)

Well, here's the Video:

If anybody would like to hear the track without the Video, here's a link to SounCloud:

Hope you guys like it

Last edited:
I haven't heard the original but I like this! This must be where Einziger gets his Vai influence from. :) The sound is very authentic and thanks for liking my IR's.

PS. Is this where the magic happens?

I haven't heard the original but I like this! This must be where Einziger gets his Vai influence from. :) The sound is very authentic and thanks for liking my IR's.

Hey Thanks Mikko!
Yeah, I said that before: these Cabs are really great.
I don't use Mics (But I've used the Preamp in the Cab Block) so you can even make them sound completely different than I did.
They're pretty versatile.

You've never heard the original track? Holy crap - one of the best 80s rock albums. Like Van Halen on steroids (and slightly sillier)!

Eat 'em and Smile - check it out... I'm sure you would dig it.

I love rythm; lead is a bit unfocused... i prefer a little bit less gain and more attack...

I love rythm; lead is a bit unfocused... i prefer a little bit less gain and more attack...
Yeah, about the Lead Preset, I forgot to mention that I'm using a Steve's Special as my Bridge pickup, and it has a very particular EQ Curve (a little scooped) delivering a super fluid sound without pushing the amp into total saturation.
The Guitar has a Mahogany body and a HUGE Maple Top, so tons of Mids and High Mids
A PAF style pickup or less modern sounding, will probably be less focused and more messy, since the amp is turned waaaay past 11 (adding big Mids and Low Mids) and I've added more EQ with the Preamp in the Cab Block as well.
That combination makes a good balanced sound but everybody has a different guitar, so you might find yourself tweaking it.
;)

Brilliant job, sounds fantastic,this was one of the first albums I bought after starting playing, played it to death, still cant play the intro to Shyboy. 5 Stars man, copped the tone as well.

Brilliant job, sounds fantastic,this was one of the first albums I bought after starting playing, played it to death, still cant play the intro to Shyboy. 5 Stars man, copped the tone as well.
Hey dude, Thanks for the kind words! :D
Yeah, Shyboy it's such a Classic.
Did you guys heard that on Nov 25 the Eat 'Em and Smile band was scheduled to play in L.A.?
Roth showed up and other 3000+ people too; the Fire Department shut down everything for safety reasons.

Didn't know that, know that Steve, Billy,Greg and Brett Tuggle get together now and again and catch up.
Yeah, they were going to play for real that night; Michael Starr form Steel Panther was going to sing, but then DLR himself showed up and LAFD shut the event down before it started because there were thousands of people in line, trying to get in.
When Roth left, someone made a video with the phone and DLR said "Seems we are too popular....Should go to the Hollywood Palladium maybe?", and even Billy saif they are definetly going to make this happen (the show).

That would be epic,especially if they filmed it. Not any decent quality footage of those guys in their prime.
True.
Every Great '80s band has realeased some kind of Live recorded footage (Maiden, Van Halen, Metallica...) EXCEPT the DLR Band.
And they had one of the most theatrical shows ever (the Boxing Ring, the Surfboard.....DLR doing his Karate moves).
Sure, it was a short-lived Band, but what were they thinking?!

Exactly, would love to hear the record cut with John. 5 has been reco said its recorded and in the can. He says Dave sounds great and the cuts are some of his best work.

Exactly, would love to hear the record cut with John. 5 has been reco said its recorded and in the can. He says Dave sounds great and the cuts are some of his best work.
Yeah but an '80s performance with Steve, Billy and Gregg (with all the flashy '80s clichè) would have been really great. ;)

Back
Top Bottom