DL4 looper functionality

mjb234

I recently got an old DL4 and have started absolutely loving it for the super easy to use looper interface for live performance/tweaking

Wondering does the looper in the fractal have a way have footswitches assigned on a controller to the same functions as the DL4?

Record/overdub
Play/stop
Play once
Half speed/reverse (with double tapping)

Would be super cool to have it all in one unit for live with the same kind of foot muscle memory 😂

If not it’s not a disaster, would probably just put my dl4 in an external loop

Cheers!

I recently got an old DL4 and have started absolutely loving it for the super easy to use looper interface for live performance/tweaking

Wondering does the looper in the fractal have a way have footswitches assigned on a controller to the same functions as the DL4?

Record/overdub
Play/stop
Play once
Half speed/reverse (with double tapping)

Would be super cool to have it all in one unit for live with the same kind of foot muscle memory 😂

If not it’s not a disaster, would probably just put my dl4 in an external loop

Cheers!
The default FC6 and FC12 looper layouts have all these functions, which you can customize to your liking.

I should note I’m not on an FC controller,

I’m on another midi controller but it is fully functional with cc & pc changes with every button

I should note I’m not on an FC controller,

I’m on another midi controller but it is fully functional with cc & pc changes with every button
I did the same with a Morningstar, so yes, you can with midi.
Now I have the FC and it’s much easier anyway.

With Morningstar you can, so I confirm Yes, I did it in the past.

There is "Toggle mode" (on the Morningstar) that allows you to have 2 different functions for the same switch at first press and second press.

With Morningstar you can, so I confirm Yes, I did it in the past.

There is "Toggle mode" (on the Morningstar) that allows you to have 2 different functions for the same switch at first press and second press.
There is also shift state so i think you can get 3 functions now.

Short answer - No!
Almost impossible to believe I know… but there are a few who have asked for this repeatedly including me… the old Axe FX II could do it.. but the III.. no.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/looper-axe-fx-iii.162864/#post-2004331
Which function, exactly, are you having issues with? Every other answer is a resounding "yes," including from my own experience with the FCB1010 (although not sure how I'd do half-speed/reverse with same switch, but everything else would work just fine).

I did the same with a Morningstar, so yes, you can with midi.
Now I have the FC and it’s much easier anyway.
Sweet

Will look into assigning that tonight, as long as all those features are assignable to midi my controller should be able to nail it

Thanks!

Which function, exactly, are you having issues with? Every other answer is a resounding "yes," including from my own experience with the FCB1010 (although not sure how I'd do half-speed/reverse with same switch, but everything else would work just fine)
Record. Stop. Play.
Using assigned scene controllers.

All of the Looper functions are modifier assignable and you can also globally assign directly to them in the MIDI/Remote menu as well.

How are you using scene controllers to control the looper? Are you changing scenes whenever you want to record or stop or play?

All of the Looper functions are modifier assignable and you can also globally assign directly to them in the MIDI/Remote menu as well.

How are you using scene controllers to control the looper? Are you changing scenes whenever you want to record or stop or play?
Never had a problem eother, with FC or a midi controller. My only looper complaint is not being able to receive tempo from beatbuddy/sdrum.

The Axe FX will sync its tempo to MIDI clock that's received at the MIDI In port. It won't time stretch existing loops though.

Yes I change presets and scenes via a boss midi foot controller. 128 midi messages gives me 16 presets with all 8 scenes in each. I never need more than 16 presets for a gig. I just step through them when I need to change presets, scenes and any modifiable parameters I want within reason (so it fits within my 8 scene per preset) with the Axe II you could use the basic looper functions just by changing scenes. With the III, I don’t see an option for this - not on axe edit anyway…. Unless I’m missing something? Which is definitely possible 👍🏻

Yes I change presets and scenes via a boss midi foot controller. 128 midi messages gives me 16 presets with all 8 scenes in each. I never need more than 16 presets for a gig. I just step through them when I need to change presets, scenes and any modifiable parameters I want within reason (so it fits within my 8 scene per preset) with the Axe II you could use the basic looper functions just by changing scenes. With the III, I don’t see an option for this - not on axe edit anyway…. Unless I’m missing something? Which is definitely possible 👍🏻

I stand corrected. The looper controls do not support modifiers in the Axe III like they did in the II. I could have sworn that I remember seeing the yellow circles on those, but I must be thinking back to the II. You can assign MIDI CC's directly to them in the MIDI/Remote menu, but not scene controllers unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom