• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Djentlemanly Static Sound When Palm Muting

jw3571

Inspired
The Djentlemanly is one of my favorite sounding presets, until I start palm muting. When I palm mute I get a very audible static sound. I haven't adjusted the gates, I have them at stock settings. The normal is set at 63.9 for the threshold, 3.81 for the ratio, 1 for the attach and 1 for the release. The additional gate that is a block in the preset is set at 40db for the threshold, 2 for the ratio, 10ms for the attack time, 100 ms for the hold time, and 100ms for the release time.

Any suggestions?

chris

Legend!
turn the gates off completely - if it's the input gate, set threshold fully counter-clockwise.

now turn up your guitar but don't play and don't mute the strings - do you have the same "static sound"?

Bakerman

Axe-Master
Set input gate release time to 100 ms or greater. When attack/release are both very low, intelligent gate type causes static-like distortion as lower notes decay. Palm muting typically makes this happen sooner.

jw3571

Inspired
Thanks for the suggestions. Chris, if i do as you suggest I do not get any of the static sound, what does that mean?

Bakerman, do you suggestions helped but it is still there.

chris

Legend!
Thanks for the suggestions. Chris, if i do as you suggest I do not get any of the static sound, what does that mean?

Bakerman, do you suggestions helped but it is still there.
that was only a test to see if that noise is there all the time, or if it's being caused by the gate. if you did that correctly and the noise isn't there, then most likely the gate is causing it as Bakerman suggested.

try changing the Input Gate to Classic rather than Intelligent - does that help?

Top Bottom