Djentleman , I gotta problem

I was recently embarrassed to admit that the seemingly pedestrian Marshall JVM is a better amp for my current band's needs than anything I was getting out of the 2-3X expensive Friedman BE (in the Fractal) and that the stock 800 sounded better than other big dollar boutiq-ifications of it.

We are weird creatures of habit and expectation when we don't check ourselves. : )

Well thats another case...if you have the actual amp live and youput it next to a modeler, theres going to be a difference, maybe not tone, but the sound or IR i believe they call it, well be different....

I’m just saying, i cant leave that preset alone, and its like i bought the amp i always wanted, and now i have more to play with!

Sorry, I own neither amp, but the model of the vanilla JVM is working better than the fancier alternatives.

I went through a similar thing with a clean sound. Fired up a dumble model, tone stack all at noon. Sounded excellent and I kept trying other clean amps or just changing the BMT a bit... But no, just a dumble model (with the right cab) and everything on default was the winner.

Back
Top Bottom