Djent/Death Core (heavy guitar + bass)

Yeah it's Drop Eb :D I've already increased the volume of bass and guitars, but I think due to the lowness and my limited mastering skills the lows get drowned a bit ^^
Thank you! :)

Also a thing I should mention: I've recorded bass twice; one time with a slight distortion to it, but full and nice lows/lower mids, and one time with much distortion but EQ peaked at higher mids/lower highs and a slight bass cut, also another amp and cab.

Also a thing I should mention: I've recorded bass twice; one time with a slight distortion to it, but full and nice lows/lower mids, and one time with much distortion but EQ peaked at higher mids/lower highs and a slight bass cut, also another amp and cab.

I would personally record bass just once but would copy it to second track and make my reamping or adjustments on just this one take. The risk with to takes is that it basically sounds muddy, although I don't quite hear that in your recording. I think the principle is just one bass recorded and positioned in center contrary to 2 guitars panned to sides that compliment each other. That's another form of waves. Bass should be tight and fat and in the middle but not muddy.

Last edited:
I would personally record bass just once but would copy it to second track and make my reamping or adjustments on just this one take. The risk with to takes is that it basically sounds muddy, although I don't quite hear that in your recording. I think the principle is just one bass recorded and positioned in center contrary to 2 guitars panned to sides that compliment each other. That's another form of waves. Bass should be tight and fat and in the middle but not muddy.
all of this pretty much, also when you split the tracks its common to have the low end and body completely clean to fill out the bottom end and have your distorted track filtered so there arent any lows to get muddy!

Yeah, well I know that procedure well, and I normally use it too :p.It was just a try, on how it would sound like with 2 bass tracks and I kind of liked it. Of course there will be some muddiness, doing it with 2 recorded bass tracks, but therefore you can use an EQ.
And what I noticed (just listening to the bass tracks itself) is, that this gives the a bit more character. It would be interesting though listening to the track with reamped bass. Maybe I´ll go for that and therefore will post the unmastered tracks to get a better idea of the whole thing.
Greets and thanks for the feedback! :)

Back
Top Bottom