FS [SOLD] DIY MIDI Controller for Axe-Fx III with 4,3" touch screen

Piing

Axe-Master
I am selling two DIY projects of Arduino MIDI controller for the Axe-FX III

Functions:
  • 15 fully programmable switches
  • 3 User Layouts (the number can be expanded)
  • Nextion NX4827T043 HMI TFT 4,3" touch display (Nextion programming requires final refinement)
  • 4 Expression Pedal inputs (pending electrical connection from jack to Arduino board)
  • Power supply from USB (5V 500mA) or standard 9V DC 2.1 mm socket
  • Preset and scene numbers on display. Customize your own fonts, colors and size
  • Tuner on display (requires refinement - the Nextion display takes too long to refresh)
I am selling it for the cost of the components only: $240 + shipping (from Bangkok). I do not have any profit. I cannot dedicate more time to this project (I've already dedicated countless time and effort), so I give the opportunity to others to have fun with it and to continue with the development.

I attach a zip file with the Arduino sketch, the Nextion program and one Excel file with the Bill of Quantities and prices (the total cost of the components is $240).

This project started as a simple controller with a 2-row LCD on a recycled binder. Here is the story:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/diy-axe-fx-foot-controller-for-50-open-project.119882/

Important note: this is a DIY project. I do not offer any kind of warranty or technical service :wrench:I sell it as it is. I am only charging for the net price of the components, not for the development, not even for the assembly

01.jpg

01b.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Attachments

• DIY Axe-FX III MIDI Controller.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:
How much would shipping be to Rochester, NY 14609 USA?

Also, would I be able to replace the foot switch LED's with LCD's or is the Arduino Mega not able to do that? Sorry I'm still an Arduino noob.

I thought it was supposed only be $50 ;)

The shipping, yes. The shipping is only $50 :)

Is all the programming done well?

What do you mean by programming done well? The mentioned functions are working. There are several ways to program one function, some more "orthodox" than others. Perhaps some lines of my code could be simplified, or written in a more elegant way by a professional experienced programmer. You can have a look to it. But I am not charging money for my program, only for the hardware. I offer the program for free

Last edited:
Damn, I love seeing projects like this. Really cool.
I wonder if something like this can be built, that replicates the functionality of the FC controllers?

Damn, I love seeing projects like this. Really cool.
I wonder if something like this can be built, that replicates the functionality of the FC controllers?

It can replicate any function of the FC Controllers. The only difference is that it is connected through MIDI cables, not with FasLink, and it is programmed at the touch screen, not at Axe-Edit

It can replicate any function of the FC Controllers. The only difference is that it is connected through MIDI cables, not with FasLink, and it is programmed at the touch screen, not at Axe-Edit
Of course.
But "By replicating FC", i meant, connecting it through Faslink ant completely fooling Axe Edit and axe fx, that an FC is connected, as it sends and receives the same commands...

I've already sold the first unit.

The second unit is unnasembled, and it has a larger Hammond Aluminum Enclosure

Last edited:
Yes. I've found the way to transmit bidirectional MIDI through the XLR phantom powered cable, but the Axe-FX does not recognize a connected FC. There must be some initial handshake protocol.
This sounds interesting. Mind to share details?

Back
Top Bottom