DIY guitar from 1200 colored pencils

Methinks you gotta have a certain obsessive compulsive personality to do this. Chopping up the pencils alone probably took as much time as everything else combined. And I think he used way too many sanding machines. I was taught to use hand tools for things like the tummy cut and arm rest, as those tend to give you better control and also less dust. And less chance to grind through the clear coat, as he said had happened.

That aside it looks magnificent. A great idea given form, it might even spawn some imitators. And imitation of course is the sincerest form of flattery.

What color's your guitar, man?

All of 'em.

Props to the guy for getting creative (and patient) with the tools he had on hand. Proof that you don't need a fully equipped woodshop to build cool stuff. (Although it sure helps, lol.)

...A great idea given form, it might even spawn some imitators. And imitation of course is the sincerest form of flattery.

There's a video that's been floating around for a couple of years (or more?) of a guy making a vase on the lathe using epoxied color pencils. Something I've pondered trying myself. I like the guitar idea, too.

I like weird, experimental guitars like this...reminds me of the Strat body made from honeycombed cardboard/epoxy that I saw on YouTube a while ago.

I've seen a few artifacts made with epoxy/colored pencils which were interesting. I saw a highly polished sphere that looked very cool made with them.

Back
Top Bottom