DIY for Axe-Fx III Foot Controller

Firmware 6.00 introduces the PERFORM tabs found on the HOME screen of the Axe-Fx III. There are two PERFORM tabs: Per-Preset and Global. The PERFORM tabs can be configured with up to 10 user- selected controls from any of the blocks found in the current preset (including CONTROLLERS and GLOBAL). Configuration of the PERFORM tabs is done via Axe-Edit III. Allowable controls include rotary knobs, push-buttons, drop-downs, and toggle controls (e.g., on/off controls).

The "Perform-PP" controls are stored per-preset. Adding or removing a control from "Perform- PP" will change the EDIT state of the preset.

The "Perform-Gbl" controls are stored in the Global Settings. Adding or removing a control from "Perform-Gbl" is automatically saved to the Global Settings.

Performance controls are added via the editor from a block's parameter view. The editor's selected parameter control is assigned to the desired Performance tab through a popup menu or a hot-key combination. [Please note the "Edit Modifier..." popup menu item for modifiable parameters. Modifiable parameters can quickly jump to the "Edit Modifier" dialog by pressing the hotkey 'M'.]

Hotkey assignments for Perform controls:

• Per-Preset Add: SHIFT + '1' through '0', where '0' is the tenth control on the tab.
  • Per-Preset Remove: SHIFT + ALT + '1' through '0', where '0' is the tenth control on the tab.
  • * Global Add:
  • Mac: COMMAND + F1 through F10.
  • Windows: CTRL + F1 through F10.
  • * Global Remove:
  • Mac: COMMAND + SHFIT + F1 through F10.
  • * Windows: CTRL + SHIFT + F1 through F10.
The editor's Perform view is accessed via the "Perform" button or the Tools / Performance menu. From this view, Per-Preset Performance controls can be imported and/or exported using the "Block Library" control. Additionally, the view's "Per-Preset" and "Global" tabs allow label editing for controls already assigned to the "Perfrom-PP" and "Perform-Gbl" tabs.

Many many months of design work and here is the first prototype with just a few days of coding...much more code to write...hardware is stable! This is an open slate for any midi implementation...with integrated wifi...it can even control your house and open your garage door, or crank the AC when you engage some reverb .

Attachments

• B3F8C973-AEDC-4586-A75B-901211695A1F.jpeg
    B3F8C973-AEDC-4586-A75B-901211695A1F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
  • 584BB4CF-40FF-43C8-A775-B42570B7EE08.png
    584BB4CF-40FF-43C8-A775-B42570B7EE08.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 115
  • EC51B503-AD7A-4740-83A3-C4E235F48A0C.jpeg
    EC51B503-AD7A-4740-83A3-C4E235F48A0C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
  • 379AE915-6E58-4450-8527-9EB2553FF1BD.jpeg
    379AE915-6E58-4450-8527-9EB2553FF1BD.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I am extremely interested in this product. I want something with very large screens that are easily readable. I browsed the thread where, at one point, you stated the buttons are assignable and can perform any function, maybe based on a "page layout".

Can you tell me how a user would program the pedal to do midi tasks? For instance, I need a pedal that is much more than a control for Axe Scenes. I need it to be able to send multiple PC and CC messages, to control several pieces of non-Fractal rack gear. So, information about the storage and recall capacity is important to me.

Thanks

Many many months of design work and here is the first prototype with just a few days of codeing...much more code to write...hawdware is stable!
Excellent work, I'm excited about your knowledge and precision. I am a happy owner of MMGT 22, but I sincerely wish you success. Your great effort and enthusiasm is inspiring. And these photos completely convinced me. My English is too bad to be able to express admiration and respect for this guy.

I am extremely interested in this product. I want something with very large screens that are easily readable. I browsed the thread where, at one point, you stated the buttons are assignable and can perform any function, maybe based on a "page layout".

Can you tell me how a user would program the pedal to do midi tasks? For instance, I need a pedal that is much more than a control for Axe Scenes. I need it to be able to send multiple PC and CC messages, to control several pieces of non-Fractal rack gear. So, information about the storage and recall capacity is important to me.

Thanks
Storage can be determined to be infinite if you connect it to WiFi and have a server app it can access...locally however 32 Gigs of SD sotrage should be more than is ever needed...there are also 2 onboard SPI flash memory chips with ample storage. Programming PC and CC commands is unlimited and open to development; determined and only limited by how the local UIX is developed out or a hosted web based application it can access.

I am really interested. But what I would like to know is how I would program it, and organize my programming into directories of presets, songs and set lists by myself, so I could recall them and use the device to perform.

I am really interested. But what I would like to know is how I would program it, and organize my programming into directories of presets, songs and set lists by myself, so I could recall them and use the device to perform.
That is all in development currently. The main display is a touch screen which can be used for programming, other options are a mobile app, desktop app, or even a web based app.

Many many months of design work and here is the first prototype with just a few days of coding...much more code to write...hardware is stable! This is an open slate for any midi implementation...with integrated wifi...it can even control your house and open your garage door, or crank the AC when you engage some reverb .
Curious what your cost is for parts so far?

Looks good!

Back
Top Bottom