DIY Axe-Fx Foot Controller for $50 (Open Project)

Man, this is so inspiring, mine its on building process for two years now, i need to finish mine to put one display like yours!!!

Hi!
On the basis of this topic, I am finishing the pcb shield plate under the Arduino Mega, which can be used directly for connecting :

• buttons
  • LEDs
  • midi sockets
  • four expression pedals
  • 20x4 LCD display

Everything in a convenient form "to be applied" on Arduino MEGA
I made it in the Fritzing program, I know it's not super professional but it's enough for this project :)
I still have to check all connections and then share the Gerber files in this topic.

Did you get a custom case to enclose the display? it looks like it's mounted onto the box rather than a square being cut into the box for the display.

Cutting squares on aluminum can be a real pain without a CNC so i'm really curious about that

Ping your code has expression pedals support? How many can handle?
Theoretically, as many as the Analog Inputs of the micro-controller. I have prepared jacks for connecting 4, but I have only been able to test one. I will have to use some provisional pots for tetsing them all at once.

Did you get a custom case to enclose the display? it looks like it's mounted onto the box rather than a square being cut into the box for the display.

Cutting squares on aluminum can be a real pain without a CNC so i'm really curious about that

The display bezel is made of ABS on a 3D printer. I found it here: https://grabcad.com/library/nextion-4-3-bezel-1
@Piing I think your snazzy, new hammond boxes mean you have to change the thread title now? :D
Sure. I better open a new thread for this deviation :D The Nextion touch display is neither cheap.

can you do a video with your latest build and the touch display? soooo curious!

The touch display is useful for assigning personalized functions to the switches without having to go through tedious switch-pressing combinations or using an external software. There are different configurable layouts, like in the FC-6 or FC-12.
I'll try to make a video one of these days

some pretty amazing stuff there. Have been watching the thread a bit and thinking about whether I want to dive into the rabbit hole that is building/researching/programming something like this. I very much appreciate you sharing your info.

Hi! I am new to the forum, I think this thread is great! Really inspiring!
I have an old line6 floorboard that I was able to connect to AxeFxIII through POD2.0. It just works, but it is a bit limiting, this thread made me think of modding it to become a midi foot controller.
My first attempt after connecting the pedal to the arduino was compiling @Piing code and unfortunately I get the same problem as @pauly:

Hi @Piing

[edit] - Please ignore this - I saw Tyson's info on his environment ... now I got a ship load of other errors!.. Maybe tomorrow :)

When attempting to compile, I'm getting the below message - I've struggled to find the correct button library - could you please point me to it?

Variables.h: 1:23: fatal error: SC_Button.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated

Thansk
Pauly

Is the library missing? I have googled SC_Button.h and I haven t found anything useful.

Thanks and congratulations for your cool project!

Back
Top Bottom