Divided /13 and Jazz 120 default settings low level issue

lp59

Experienced
Does anybody notice that those two amps have a very low output level with default settings in the amp block?
I tried resetting the block, nothing. I have to crank the level real high to hear those amps at similar level than say a Deluxe or Prince Tone at default for example. Even my bypass of the amp block is louder than these amps default settings.
Not complaining, fine if all I have to do is crank the level setting of these amps. But I'm wondering if something is wrong with my 10.00 firmware

Nothing wrong. Crank their Master Volume (and/or Level).

Thanks for soothing my fears! Any idea why there is such a level difference? Might be a technical reason why those are not a little more "normalized"... Not a big trouble anyway.

That's how they work in real life. With a clean channel, the rule of thumb is crank the power amp wide open and adjust the pre amp for volume. Exact opposite for a crunch channel designed to deliver pre amp gain.

Of course, there's a middle ground and you can push the pre amp of the ac 30 or a tweed to break up and adjust the power amp for volume.

Since the Axe controls mimic real life controls, keep this one under your belt and always check the power amp and pre amp on clean amps if its not giving you enough clean headroom.

Back
Top Bottom