Dive Bomb feature for Whammy

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
The original Whammy pedals have a dive bomb feature that actually sounds awesome and is totally usable for certain dramatic effects. I am wondering if this might finally be incorprated into the Axe Fx 3? It’s a shame that it’s not there already. For anyone who has owned a real Whammy pedal it is a bummer not to have it in there still.

I have been asking for this feature to be included in the Axe Fx 2 for some time but it never got any traction unfortunately. But it would be great to see it included in the new platform. What do you guys think?

Attached is a preset dedicated to Dive bombs and Whammy.

scene 1: Dive bomb, 1 octave down
scene 2: Dive bomb, 2 octaves down
scene 3: Whammy, 1 octave up
scene 4: Whammy, 2 octaves up

The Dive bombs/Whammy are operated with a pedal, controlling External 1. Assign your pedal to External 1 in MIDI/Remote.

The Pitch block is not auto-engaged, but enabled using @Admin M@ 's Golden Whammy method.

The other blocks are mainstay blocks in my template preset.

Have fun.

Yek posted this a while back.

Hope this helps.

Yek posted this a while back.

Hope this helps.
Nope... this is not the same thing at all. This refers to an automated pitch drop if I’m not mistaken. The actual dive bomb on the Digitech Whammy pedal is a specific setting that goes lower than -2oct. It actually simulates the sound of a Whammy bar depressed until the strings are slack.

Anyway it is actually more useful than it may sound and is really cool. It is on the actual pedal and it’s be great to have it on the Axe Fx 3 too.

The whammy is in the pitch shift block. It is controllable through an expression pedal. I have done this previously with the Axe-FXII. I had to change the pitch points though as the whammy was set up initially to shift to a higher pitch.

The whammy is in the pitch shift block. It is controllable through an expression pedal. I have done this previously with the Axe-FXII. I had to change the pitch points though as the whammy was set up initially to shift to a higher pitch.
I don't think that is question. The OP is looking for a specific feature...

And if my memory is correct, this was discussed for the Axe Fx II and is not possible because you can't drop below 2 octaves with the Axe Fx pitch block.

And if my memory is correct, this was discussed for the Axe Fx II and is not possible because you can't drop below 2 octaves with the Axe Fx pitch block.

3 octaves can pretty much be done with intel. harm. mode: Whole tone scale, control voice harmony from 1 to -19, set glide time high enough to prevent audible stepping.

If reaching 0 or -3oct more quickly was needed sometimes, reducing glide time at each end of pedal travel would allow that.

3 octaves can pretty much be done with intel. harm. mode: Whole tone scale, control voice harmony from 1 to -19, set glide time high enough to prevent audible stepping.

If reaching 0 or -3oct more quickly was needed sometimes, reducing glide time at each end of pedal travel would allow that.

That sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.

Or you could just place two pitch blocks in series and get 4 octaves (or six with the intel. harmony)

I tried this and got it working pretty well. I could only set it to travel one way though. I set it down. Is there a way to travel both ways at the same time in the block?

That does sound pretty damn good. It is a work around. It'd be great if it were a standard feature that was selectable in the in the Whammy effect type. In any case I'm going to give this a try.

Back
Top Bottom