Disturbed - "Down With The Sickness"

hwplainview

I decided to revisit this tone match I did ages ago with firmware Q3.03.

You've heard this song a million times and they're far from my favourite band but equally, it's pretty fun to play. Hopefully this might be useful to you if you play in a covers band or enjoy playing along to this album.

It's actually a very usable tone for other bands/songs and has a nice thick sound without being too muddy. I tried a lot of different amps (I believe they used a dual rec amongst others on the album) but the Engl just seemed to hit the spot.

I've only done a short video given how well everyone probably knows this song already - enjoy :)

Attachments

• Disturbed.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 181
Thanks :) It's close enough for me anyway - it sounds like there's at least three or four guitar tracks on the album so the enhance block certainly helps get that bigger sound.

Nicely done. Is this the same one off axe-change #4169? I'm using it for the song Inside the fire. Spot on. Do you recall what cabinet IR you were using when you captured the tone match? Just got into the axe club in November and just now decided to play around with capturing some match's over USB audio.

Nicely done. Is this the same one off axe-change #4169? I'm using it for the song Inside the fire. Spot on. Do you recall what cabinet IR you were using when you captured the tone match? Just got into the axe club in November and just now decided to play around with capturing some match's over USB audio.

It is yes - there's no cab at all, it's just a TM block. I can never get a good sound from using a cab and a tone match block to be honest but some users can. Glad it's been useful! :)

In the quick guide for tone match it says when you capture a TM from USB audio source to use an amp and can block that best matches (gets close) to the tone your trying to capture. Then capture the tone, then play your guitar through the patch you made, and your done. Once your done you delete the cab block and use the TM block you created. This is why I asked what cab block you had used. Anyways it sounds good and is usefull for my Aplication. Thanks again.

Sounds great! I used to play this in a cover band. Fun tune to play and the crowd always loved it.

I decided to revisit this tone match I did ages ago with firmware Q3.03.

You've heard this song a million times and they're far from my favourite band but equally, it's pretty fun to play. Hopefully this might be useful to you if you play in a covers band or enjoy playing along to this album.

It's actually a very usable tone for other bands/songs and has a nice thick sound without being too muddy. I tried a lot of different amps (I believe they used a dual rec amongst others on the album) but the Engl just seemed to hit the spot.

I've only done a short video given how well everyone probably knows this song already - enjoy :)

I know it's been a while but could you share the tone match file?

Back
Top Bottom