1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Distorted/ OD tones are fizzy.. HELP!!

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Discussion' started by Robpags, Sep 16, 2018 at 1:34 PM.

1. Robpags

Robpags
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I need some help y'all... Ive got an Axe Fx 2 plus. Running it direct to FOH. I bought a Friedman powered wedge for rehearsals. All the distored tones sound fuzzy as heck when played through the wedge. Ive got the eq as flat as possible on the wedge to not color the base tone. The fizz is minimal when i play through the USB into my DAW but is unbearable when I play through the XLR outs. Im using factory presets. Cab sim on.

Any advice???

2. Jason Scott

Jason Scott
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

What's the high cut in the Cab block set to?

3. Billbill

Billbill
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

It's FRFR so you'll have more options of unusable frequencies. Sounds like you need to do some cutting somewhere or use filter maybe? Wish I knew how lol

4. Tahoebrian5

Tahoebrian5
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Make sure the cab block has an ir loaded, is activated, and is not disabled in global,settings

5. ChainOfThought

ChainOfThought
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Since you're happy with the tone through USB, what are you listening to that through? See if you can send an output from your DAW into the wedge, it should sound almost exactly like it does straight from the axe as long as you don't have any post processing happening.

Try using the high and low cuts in the cab block to dial out a good bit of it, then use graphic eq from there. See if you can get a tone you like that way out of the wedge then record that with the USB and see how it sounds there.