Distorted/ OD tones are fizzy.. HELP!!

Robpags

I need some help y'all... Ive got an Axe Fx 2 plus. Running it direct to FOH. I bought a Friedman powered wedge for rehearsals. All the distored tones sound fuzzy as heck when played through the wedge. Ive got the eq as flat as possible on the wedge to not color the base tone. The fizz is minimal when i play through the USB into my DAW but is unbearable when I play through the XLR outs. Im using factory presets. Cab sim on.

Any advice???

I need some help y'all... Ive got an Axe Fx 2 plus. Running it direct to FOH. I bought a Friedman powered wedge for rehearsals. All the distored tones sound fuzzy as heck when played through the wedge. Ive got the eq as flat as possible on the wedge to not color the base tone. The fizz is minimal when i play through the USB into my DAW but is unbearable when I play through the XLR outs. Im using factory presets. Cab sim on.

Any advice???

What's the high cut in the Cab block set to?

It's FRFR so you'll have more options of unusable frequencies. Sounds like you need to do some cutting somewhere or use filter maybe? Wish I knew how lol

Since you're happy with the tone through USB, what are you listening to that through? See if you can send an output from your DAW into the wedge, it should sound almost exactly like it does straight from the axe as long as you don't have any post processing happening.

Try using the high and low cuts in the cab block to dial out a good bit of it, then use graphic eq from there. See if you can get a tone you like that way out of the wedge then record that with the USB and see how it sounds there.

Back
Top Bottom