Displaying Preset Names AND Song Names?

In my reading (MFC User Manual), it says that to display Song Names (in Set or Song Mode), you must set Bank Style to "None". When you set Bank Style to "None", however, you can't see Preset Names when/if you switch back to Preset Mode. Is there a trick to see Song Names in Set/Song Modes and still see Preset Names when you switch to Preset Mode? Do you have to change both Setup values (Performance Mode and Bank Style) every time to accomplish this?

I'll answer this question in the support queue as well. You wrote:
"When you set Bank Style to "None", however, you can't see Preset Names when/if you switch back to Preset Mode."

This is not true. Preset names should appear when Bank Style=NONE just as they do when Bank Style is set to any other value. Did you accidentally set Axe-Fx mode to NONE?

After some further research & testing, and an answer from Fractal Admin, for the benefit of anyone else that might be interested, here's what I have determined:
1. Preset Names and Song Names are affected by 3 system values: Performance Mode, Bank Size, and Bank Style.
2. The only way to have Song Names display is to use: Perf Mode = SONG (or SET); Bank Size = not zero, Bank Style = NONE.
3. When you use that combination, and you switch to Perf mode = PRESET, the initial display you get when you increment UP/DOWN to access Presets is a BANK (Bank: 1 Presets 001-00x). You then have to actually select a Preset from that bank. THEN the Preset name shows.

Sorry if this is old hat - basic stuff for you Fractal/MFC veterans. It was confusing to me at first. Still not quite sure what Bank Size = 0 is for.

For now, I guess it's just a case of remembering to change BOTH Performance Mode and Bank Style each time I go back and forth between Preset Mode and Set Mode.

If anyone sees anything incorrect here, please jump in.

Thank you I was looking for the same thing. In my case I can go from set mode to preset mode without changing performance & bank style mode.

Back
Top Bottom