Display Setting?

PRS Guy

Inspired
So I am trying to learn the front panel of the AX8 and it actually is pretty intuitive.

I was wondering though, is there a display mode (setting) where the name of the patch is larger?

I think trying to see that from the floor will be a challenge...:confused:

Any info is appreciated...

Right.. the screen isn't the worst in size but it's not exactly "Generous" for a floor unit... It's only marginally larger than the one on a HD500X.. Patch name was REALLY difficult to read (Even after my Lasik surgery). hopefully your greater contrast helps that out. But Larger text display mode without footswitch details would be much appreciated.

Is the patch info string sent via MIDI, might be an interesting software hack to make a MIDI-driven small display augmenting the foot controller...?

Why not send it to your phone if that is what you are looking for...write an app..BOOM <drops the mic> :D

Although an update to the firmware would work for me

It would also be nice to have scribble strips and touch-sensitive footswitches.

KIDDING!

The touch sensitive footswitches are nice but not necessary. Laugh if you want (@ Chris/ :)), but scribble strips are awesome for people like me (mentally and memory challenged).

No. It's pretty much the industry standard term for that kind of interface.

really? i don't see RJM or FAMC using that term and they are the only other ones I know of that have button displays. Are the others that I don't know about?

Reading further..... Regardless if it's mixing board or a foot pedal it's still a SS. Functionality is the same , i.e.; In this case a electronic display used for identification.

"On more modern mixers and control surfaces scribble strips have become electronic displays. The names of the channels are saved with setups and can be recalled accordingly. The virtual equivalent of scribble strips are also part of computer based DAW systems."

many digital mixers have "scribble strips". there are more mixers that exist with it than foot pedals with lcd screens.

Back
Top Bottom