Display screen all white, can’t see any display

YYZKID

I recently purchased my AXE FX III, yesterday when I went to turn on the processor the display screen was all white and unreadable. Has anyone else experienced this, the unit loads and I can move the preset dial and change presets, but there is no access to the display. I have not connected this to a computer, I have used it straight out of the box, currently don’t have a computer I can use with this unit. Any insight would be great!

Unfortunately, you need to contact Fractal Support. It will need sent back for repair. They are extremely quick and responsive though, so don't worry. You can find their contact info on the Fractal web site. It's known as the "white screen of death".

Boo! LOL. I didn’t want to hear that! I just purchased it 60 days ago, was working fine one minute and “Screen of Death” the next! Thanks for responding, hope it doesn’t take long to replace, I’m already having Fractal withdrawals !

This really makes me nervous. I was holding off until I felt there was no issue with the "white screen" but went ahead and pulled the trigger on the III anyway last week.
Now my confidence is a bit shaken. Would hate to have this happen in the middle of a gig as already happened to another forum member. I know support will stand behind it but it's a hassle and an extra expense for shipping and insurance. Keeping my fingers crossed but it seems it can happen any time- not just an initial burn-in issue.

When this has happened to people, is it just the screen that stops working or does the audio stop too? I.E. if you were in the middle of a gig when this happened, assuming you had a MIDI footswitch connected, would you be able to keep playing?

When this has happened to people, is it just the screen that stops working or does the audio stop too? I.E. if you were in the middle of a gig when this happened, assuming you had a MIDI footswitch connected, would you be able to keep playing?

My sound still works. The screen just suddenly melted while mine was on but everything else is still cool. I can switching things around with Axe Edit.

Got my RMA info already and will be sending back today for repairs. Support response is awesome as always :)

Back
Top Bottom