Display issue?(solved)

yngwie1993

Inspired
HI, I'm starting to have a display issue with my Axe-Fx III,there is a white line flashing
intermittently at the bottom of the screen,it does that with every preset,it's my second Axe Fx III that I bought brand new from Fractal,no issue in the past...

Attachments

• IMG_0767.JPG
    IMG_0767.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0768.JPG
    IMG_0768.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Apparently I'm starting to have a similar problem. As the support page recomends to contact my dealer first (bought in Mexico) and giving it's almost 21:00 hours here on a friday I suppose it wouldn't harm to seek some additional help in the forum to see if it's something to worry about or not.

Here it's a video I just took from the screen.

Apparently I'm starting to have a similar problem. As the support page recomends to contact my dealer first (bought in Mexico) and giving it's almost 21:00 hours here on a friday I suppose it wouldn't harm to seek some additional help in the forum to see if it's something to worry about or not.

Is your Tuner Source set to the correct Input?

It looks like your unit is doing lines of pixie dust. Congratulations! You got the rock star edition! :cool:

But seriously, CS is the way to go.

It looks like your unit is doing lines of pixie dust. Congratulations! You got the rock star edition! :cool:

But seriously, CS is the way to go.

Yep, gonna contact my dealer on monday (support page asks to contact dealer first if not on USA & Canada), just wanna hear if somebody had the same problems and if was sort of an "easy" fix or if in their experience it was indeed something to worry about.

What was the outcome for those having this issue? Had the white line issue last week, I'm assuming it's a ribbon connection issue. Oddly I had put a dab of hot glue on the sides of all the connectors a year ago or so. I moved my rack yesterday now it is barely noticeable. Haven't pulled the unit opened it and checked connections yet. Photo was from last week when I noticed it.

IMG_4367.jpeg

HI, I'm starting to have a display issue with my Axe-Fx III,there is a white line flashing
intermittently at the bottom of the screen,it does that with every preset,it's my second Axe Fx III that I bought brand new from Fractal,no issue in the past...
I think I found the problem ,I've change the powerbar where the axe was plugged, no more problems ,I'll keep my fingers cross.🤞

What was the outcome for those having this issue? Had the white line issue last week, I'm assuming it's a ribbon connection issue. Oddly I had put a dab of hot glue on the sides of all the connectors a year ago or so. I moved my rack yesterday now it is barely noticeable. Haven't pulled the unit opened it and checked connections yet. Photo was from last week when I noticed it.

View attachment 88237

Hey - so was there a final resolution as to why this occurs? I now have the white line syndrome to deal with ... Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2004.jpg
    IMG_2004.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 14
Honestly haven't payed much attention to the display lately as I rearranged my practice area and just been using AxeEdit. Just took a look and no line today. I'm going to guess its a ribbon cable even tho I have all mine glued on the sides in the AFXIII. My rack is on two wheels kind of drag it around like an Ampeg 8x10 cabinet and I transport it on its back so I guess that could wiggle stuff around a bit. Then again this is Florida so it could be a tree frog or a monster roach who knows.

Attachments

• 65460319004__7A60C783-A74F-4047-9F2D-5484BC84D665.jpeg
    65460319004__7A60C783-A74F-4047-9F2D-5484BC84D665.jpeg
    428.8 KB · Views: 11
sorry to resurrect an old thread but i recently noticed the same issue. a horizontal white line occasionally popping in and out. i'd like to ask you if you have noticed this issue again after you changed the power strip?

Back
Top Bottom