Display Flickering?

gdgross

Experienced
I've noticed on occasion a very slight flickering in the LCD display on my II. Doesn't bother me too much, and as far as I'm concerned I can live with it indefinitely, unless it's a sign of impending doom to the LCD.

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks!

+1 on the flickering. I notice it especially when using tuner. Although I may be just staring at it more. Flickering for sure.

Same here, especially when using the tuner. I emailed support a few weeks back about it, and they said I shouldn't worry about it, but to let them know if it gets worse.

Are you guys powering an MFC via the ethernet cable? I have display problems if I power my MFC via ethernet. If I use 7 pin midi and the additional power supply, no problems. In my case the LCD is just dimming, not necessarily flickering... sent it back for evaluation, and they determined nothing was wrong, just that the power draw from the MFC can affect the LCD apparently they're pulling from the same power source?

"I emailed support a few weeks back about it, and they said I shouldn't worry about it, but to let them know if it gets worse. "
Unbelievable .
You must be doing something wrong , because fractal products and support are perfect in every way .
Maybe you haven't posted enough on this forum , or you might just be expecting everything to work perfectly .
I wonder if support would tell vai or petrucci the same thing ?

please excuse my sarcasm , but I'm worried that someday mine will start that kinda crap .

Robert California on The Office " There's a reason we sell our products online Jim , they're cheap and unintuitive . A store would work if we adopted the carnival model of leaving town once people got wise to us ."

If it was sold at a store you could return it easily and get one that works right ,but...

so , flame on girls

I had it do something totally different. Hooked up at home through my isolated, balanced power supply and voltage regulator, no flickering issues but do have the noisy fan and a very sensitive data wheel that likes to jump around from time to time. But apparently this is normal? Anyways... I plugged it into a wall with a Furman PL Plus D Series II (which is also apart of the home setup) and the LED display started funkin' out as described with flickering. ?? I didn't care for that too much but once I got it home to the usual supply all is fine again. It would be nice if someone from Fractal would chime in here with some answers.

I'm not intending to be out of line here and suffer from these Axe II issues: With all due respect to Cliff and Fractal personnel, I've been reading of these ongoing quirks for a number of months now, (dim, flickering LED, CPU fan noise (that one for years), overly touchy data wheel) and others. I'm not one to bitch too much here but... nothing has really been done about it from what I can gather on the forum and they still push them out the door with not apparently addressing these inconsistency issues?... QC issue?? inconsistent parts suppliers?? what?? There I'm done now. Fractal if I'm out of line please explain the situation(s). Again, no disrespect intended. Just looking far a fair explanation. Thanks.

Peace.

I've been reading of these ongoing quirks for a number of months now, (dim, flickering LED, CPU fan noise (that one for years), overly touchy data wheel) and others. I'm not one to bitch too much here but... nothing has really been done about it from what I can gather on the forum and they still push them out the door with not apparently addressing these inconsistency issues?... QC issue?? inconsistent parts suppliers?? what??

+1

I had this problem and emailed Fractal maybe a month back. I was told it could be an intermittent cable, which a replacement was promptly sent to me and received within three days. I replaced the cable, and voila. I haven't seen any other comments on this until now, though... I thought mine was a fluke.

Display flickering on the tuner is normal. Some do it more than other. It's just the nature of the display. The display uses a ping-pong buffer. One page is updated while the other is displayed. Then the pages are switched. Some flickering can occur during the page switch. The reason it is noticeable more on the tuner is that the display is updated more frequently.

Got it - thanks Cliff! Now that it's being discussed, I do recall noticing it mostly (perhaps only) while tuning.

I have noticed screen flicker due to the Input LEDs brightness which causes the LCD to appear to dim in sync with the input meter. Other than that I have not really noticed any unusual flickering

To be more descriptive, I wouldn't call mine a flicker, but the screen would almost completely fade out until it was unreadable. It would suddenly pop back to normal and do this regularly without any pattern or apparent cause. It would still work perfectly other than the display, but I haven't had the same problem since replacing the cable.

To be more descriptive, I wouldn't call mine a flicker, but the screen would almost completely fade out until it was unreadable. It would suddenly pop back to normal and do this regularly without any pattern or apparent cause. It would still work perfectly other than the display, but I haven't had the same problem since replacing the cable.

Your issue wasn't the Tuner flicker. That was due to the bias voltage being unstable due to an intermittent connection in the cable.

Yeah, I thought it could've been a similar situation before your last post and wanted to clarify mine was a little different. Thanks for the support!

Thanks for the explanations, Cliff. I really wasn't too concerned, as it isn't causing any usability issues. I just wanted to be sure my display wasn't going to die on me. Support told me not to worry about it, and I trust them. If for some reason it does get worse, I have full confidence that Fractal will take care of me and make it right.

Back
Top Bottom