Disengaging wah when removing pedal from MFC

Justmc

Inspired
Hope someone can point me in the right direction . I have 2 expression pedals . One on XP1 and one on XP2 . XP1 is volume and XP2 is a Wah . Sometimes I don't want or need the pedals but when I disconnect them the Wah block goes to full toe down position. I tried the I/O Midi page and set the Ext controller 2 to 0% and works correctly if I remove the MFC from the Axefx completely ( Wah is disengaged ), but not if I remove the pedal with the MFC still connected . Seems like it might cause a problem live if the cable came unplugged :- / . Hope there is a work around ..Thanks

but not if I remove the pedal with the MFC still connected . Seems like it might cause a problem live if the cable came unplugged :- / . Hope there is a work around ..Thanks
if on a gig, plug the pedal back in.

if on a gig, and you remove the pedal, then remove the mfc for whatever reason, mute your device after the Axe-Fx, turn it off then turn it back on, unmute.

Set your external controller initial value to 0%.

Set your modifier on the wah to PC Reset ON.

Save your preset with the wah in heel down position.

If your cable comes unplugged you can just change presets and then change back.

I'm assuming you are auto engaging the wah?

Thanks for the info.. Will follow up . Yes I'm using auto engage with an EV-2 pedal . I don't have an IA button assigned to it . Could I bypass it from there if I don't have the pedal connected?

Enable PC Reset if using "position" style auto-engage. The wah should be bypassed once you switch presets, after disconnecting the pedal.

Back
Top Bottom