Discussion | John Mayer's interview about amp modelers

Omri Bazelet

Inspired
What do you think about John Mayer's interview about the AXE FX 3. Do you expeirence these "issues/faults" as well?

And Cliff, probably you read this as well. As a manufactor that get many feedback from professional players out there. What do you think about that article?

Just for being clear, this post isn't meant to irreverent you as creator and manufactor, I'm happy with my AX3.

But it is always good to listen to the working and session out there, because unlike me. These are hard working players and professionals with many sound engineers, because these little neunces that sometimes make a difference in players confidence and maybe in tini tiny neunces in studio and live situations

Just for being clear, this post isn't meant to irreverent you as creator and manufactor, I'm happy with my AX3.

But it is always good to listen to the working and session out there, because unlike me. These are hard working players and professionals with many sound engineers, because these little neunces that sometimes make a difference in players confidence and maybe in tini tiny neunces in studio and live situations
I played professionally for nearly 30 years.

It's easy to make statements on forums. It's a lot harder to understand the physics of what's happening.

There are a lot of guys with JM’s level of success and talent happily playing arenas using the Axe 3.....

isn’t their opinions worth as much as John’s ?

don’t you think Cliff has taken a lot of feedback from a lot of successful artists and techs and sound engineers into account ?

it’s not like JM is the bottom line.

Most interesting to me is that a guy that can afford most any tube amp is using an Axe3. And he sounds pretty good for a guy just practicing. I think he likes it more than he lets on. I wouldn’t read into it too much.

Most interesting to me is that a guy that can afford most any tube amp is using an Axe3. And he sounds pretty good for a guy just practicing. I think he likes it more than he lets on. I wouldn’t read into it too much.

He does. He also touches on why he's using that setup for practicing. If you watch the video of him making the comments... it comes across more as him just stating what he feels about it. Not that he's like "this stuff is crap cause it doesn't do this". He also says quite candidly that it's not bad and very close.

Much of it has been kinda blown out of proportion by the internet sites looking for clicks.

I played professionally for nearly 30 years.

It's easy to make statements on forums. It's a lot harder to understand the physics of what's happening.

Really? I always thought I read your background was something to do with marine sonar equipment, with playing in bands like Steely Dan tributes in your spare time

Really? I always thought I read your background was something to do with marine sonar equipment, with playing in bands like Steely Dan tributes in your spare time

You can be a professional at more than one thing; many people are. The term "professional" is generally used to refer to getting paid for doing something, and the assumption is that you can do it with a high degree of skill. All of my friends who play professionally have day jobs that pay the bills.

You can be a professional at more than one thing; many people are. The term "professional" is generally used to refer to getting paid for doing something, and the assumption is that you can do it with a high degree of skill. All of my friends who play professionally have day jobs that pay the bills.

Wasn't meant as a dig or anything, just different to the story I knew

Back
Top Bottom