Discovering the Badgers

Wildwind

Experienced
Shout out to Yek once again for his amazing work! This is directly inspired by that work.

I have fallen for the Suhr Badgers, mainly the 30 (so far). The cleans are delectable for starters. I'm working to build my main Scenes preset around this amp (the 18 could also come into play for overdriven stuff).

So I'm looking to you who have already blazed this trail. Any advice?

Strat player mainly, p&w player with a dynamic team that is guitar-centric. My tones are pretty meat and potatoes - not much ambient stuff, usually no added reverb, synched delays that are sometimes prominent but usually not so much. Very little use of other FX. Comp is always on but just for tone enhancement. Fender tones are where I like to live, was using the Fender Super and Urban Twin previously.

Settings, IRs, added stuff - please share. I am running an AX8 mostly, but still have my Axe-Fx II.

Thanks!

Nicolas Rivera posted a video last week using the Badger 18. Including a preset that sounds great. Look up the cab he chose. An unusual one but it works very well.

@Chronos 's retro30 ir's work wonderfully with these. I had a complicated ods clean patch and just the badger into his ir bested it for me last night. No compressor up front either!

I REALLY love the 18 but the 30 is a close second. Use it quite a bit in my selections, thanks to Yek for providing me the insight to do so. You contribute so much to the whole Fractal experience sir, thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom