DISCOVERED SOMETHING - X/Y is GaaaaREAT !

AAEN

Experienced
Hi

Yesterday I reworked my patches to include AMP X/Y switching.

This feature really raises the LIVE-value of the AXE II.

Most of my overdriven solo/lead sounds is now a part of the "matching" rythm sound. And I am sure that I will be using this feature very much in the future live gigs.

This way I am nearly "doubling" the number of presets in one bank. Really cool.

The AXE is increasing its value for me - constantly !

Greetings

AAEN

PS: Cant wait anymore on the 6.0.

same here: i use a single CC to do the following:

amp x/y
cab x/y
drive x/y

great setup, like having two separate amp/cab on the stage.
i wish i could use more buttons on the foot controller, but for now it's an Art X-15.

Angelworm - if I understand correctly, are you using a single switch to control multiple x/y parameters? I have been trying to figure out how to do something like this but so far have come up empty. Any tips you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Would the x/y switch be able to control different parameters on different presets?

so I undrstand this better
I can set up a patch in X (rhythm patch) with a drive block (turned off) and amp block, a cab block , and a delay block (off)
in Y I can have the drive "on" and the Delay "on and use that as My lead "patch" ???
this would be extremely awesome and would be a huge help with my high gain patches :)
I also don't see x/y on my MFC , I assume it's in there (Like the wah was)?

I find X/Y to be sort of difficult with my GCP. I feel like i already have run out of available switches. I tried amp switching once but I prefer to have a patch that is specifically my lead sound so that I can click it and automatically my drive, amp and delay settings come on from my dry rhythm patch.

Don't forget that x/y switching is a great way to do a quick comparison to the sound of a block while your editing/creating patches.

Just remember to copy X->Y or Y->X before switching. Then you can change as many parameters on that block at once and compare.

It's a good way to get a handle on what some of the advanced parameters sound like with major/minor changes.

Keith

Hey Jared,

You can change X Y cc number for all the effects you want to control at the same time to the same number. I have been doing this from the start.

I have amp 1 and 2, Cab 1 and 2, and drives 1 and 2 all set to cc# 100 I believe. The list is way down towards the end of the cc # page.

X is always my clean (er) amp and Y is always my dirty amp, drives are set up to be the best for one that goes with each typ of amp. Meaning the drive that I would use for a slightly pushed fender amp is not the same drive and settings I would use for a plexi or boogie type amp with more gain on it already.

The cab set up this wy is for future, in case i decide to start using different cab. Currently I use the same cab for both clean and dirty.

Caution. If you do switch your cc numbers to the same. Make sure you go through all of your patches. You don't want any suprize amp of cabs switched to something you did not set up your self. This is global not per patch.

Good luck and have fun!

Angelworm - if I understand correctly, are you using a single switch to control multiple x/y parameters? I have been trying to figure out how to do something like this but so far have come up empty. Any tips you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Would the x/y switch be able to control different parameters on different presets?

On the box, click "I/O", tab over to "CTRL" and then change the numbers you want to change all at once to one number that you have assigned to the I/A button on your controller.

For instance, I have the Amp X/Y and Cab X/Y set to "CTRL" #100 and assigned a button the MFC to change 100. Now when I click it, it changes the X Amp and X Cab to Y Amp and Y Cab with one tap.

I use it all the time.

Edit: lol! Larry beat me to it!

so I undrstand this better
I can set up a patch in X (rhythm patch) with a drive block (turned off) and amp block, a cab block , and a delay block (off)
in Y I can have the drive "on" and the Delay "on and use that as My lead "patch" ???
this would be extremely awesome and would be a huge help with my high gain patches :)
I also don't see x/y on my MFC , I assume it's in there (Like the wah was)?

Yes, and no. Just to be clear, submitting an X/Y CC# does NOT affect the bypass state of a block (i.e. it won't turn it on or off), it only changes from X to Y, which affects the settings for that block. However, for things like drive and delay you can set the mix to 0% on X, so that when you switch to Y it appears as if the effect is turned on, or vice-versa. It's incredibly powerful.

You can also program the switch to send multiple CC's if you don't want to forever tie things together under one CC. You can do this on the MFC (with some limitations), and if you have a Liquid Foot you can send up to 20 with any IA switch.

You can also program the switch to send multiple CC's if you don't want to forever tie things together under one CC. You can do this on the MFC (with some limitations), and if you have a Liquid Foot you can send up to 20 with any IA switch.

THIS!

You could also just keep X/Y the same on a specific patch so while it might actually change to why for your amp/effect/etc, there is no change in sound.

With my LF Jr, I use the step thru to get X/Y toggling. Step on an effect IA for your standard on/off, hold down for 1 sec for X/Y toggling. That way, I can get individual X/Y or I can have an IA dedicated to toggling a group of effects.

i do the same as Larry Mitchell: on my art x-15 CC #70 controls amp x/y + cab x/y + drive x/y; i have a bunch of presets where amp x is, say, bogner blue and amp y is bogner red, or fender vibroverb with ts808 and marshall jtm with fuzzface.

Hey Scott, that's the same as I do except you explained it a lot better. I forgot to say those where X and Y states I change to. I don't bypass or unbypass anything this way. The drives are on or off from when I hit there on IA switch but the deal is when I do it it it will be the right drive for the right amp. :0)
Basically I have master X/Y switch on my MFC ( it changes amps, cabs, drives and I forgot to mention the chorus 2 state) on most very clean presets my chorus 2 is set up for very thick chorus or vibrato (CE-1 type) on the dirty type presets the chorus 2 is set up for ray gun sounds.:0) )

Just order my AxefxII and this is the feature I'm most excited about. I used way too many presets with my Ultra.
It arrives Monday. I expect I'll be posting on this forum a lot more starting then..

I've been putting off using X/Y because I thought I'd get lost between the AXE and the MFC. I feel stupid now, it's so easy to setup, it took just a couple minutes to figure it out. Using cc100 to switch everything. I need to use this for a while then delve into multiple ccs with one IA.

Cliff and the guys deserve a nobel prize or something. Sounds great, easy to use and looks cool too!!

Yes... X - Y is great. Use it for cleans and gain. Plus, we play with 9 stringers I have my rythym presets with very low gain (so it doesn't get muchy hahaha) and use my Mission engineering exp. pedal control the gain. So full pedal down gives like gain at 8. Pedal back gain is at almost 2. I just love my Axe Fx II and MFC-101 \m/

I started messing around with this for the fisrt time last night after reading this thread. I noticed that on the factory presets, when I hit the Y button, all I get is a really muffled sound and I could not figure out how to get it into the normal fidelity of the X side. Any reason for this?

Back
Top Bottom