Discovered new amp SLP1959 jumped

Eman7422

Inspired
Not sure why, but like this better than the regular plexi 100 jumped amp model.

Bright off, bass down, boost on....cab 034

Age old Plexi question here:

What are you guys doing to get a full on liquid lead sound from a plexi?

Options other than OD/distortion pedal in front?

Want to play more satch type stuff but would like to do it with the plexi......tougher to do the hammers, pulls, tapping etc as smoothly as I would like, but just love the tone, and yes I know satch used a higher gain amp (also love the js amp in axe8....and or ds-1/vox satchurator etc....

Just love the openness and harmonics of the plexi style amp.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Your choice of Plexi type is most likely due to the guitar and it's particular pickups. Much like a good tube amp , the AX8 responds to what is plugged into it.

There are a number of ways to increase the gain , if that's what you're after. You kind of contradict yourself when you ask for a FULL ON LIQUID LEAD , and then express your Love for the "Plexi - Openness"

IMO , if you want both , use a drive pedal. Enjoy the Plexi and all it's range , then stomp on a drive pedal and get those Liquid Leads your after , when you desire. There are some great options to put in front of the Plexi.

Set it up like you would a real plexi - but without the associated loss of hearing

Max the master volume and hit the front end with a drive or boost (no gain just volume)

Enjoy

Love the Plexi amps. I use a drive in front of it (just like the real thing) but I keep the drive tamed (mix at 50% or less depending on the drive). I like to use the drive so I can clean up the amp with the drive off, and smack it with the drive on. Two plexi amps are in my go-to banks. I like the 50w and the 100w. Been a while since I visited the plexis so I guess I'm overdue to mess with the other plexi amps. Let the tweaking begin. BTW, I also use cab #34. It is killer with a plexi.

Back
Top Bottom