Disappointed...

I think everyone gets it just fine. Some folks just pointed out the inaccuracies of things you said and that a number of your points are about to be rectified when the AX8 firmware update comes out.

What the f&%^ dude?! My 'inconsistencies'/'inaccuracies' are based off of a BETA VERSION that is not even released except to BETA TESTERS! I DO NOT HAVE THIS VERSION! (can your read that bold font???) What do you not understand about that?! Does anyone else have an Axe FX II side by side with an Ax8?! I don't see anyone here who has given any valid proof other than iaresee that is quite apparently a beta tester using newer firmware than anyone else (which CANNOT be downloaded from the forum). It's apparent that I'm not going to win against a bunch of keyboard warriors lol...so I'm officially done here. Do what you want with my disappointment...I simply voiced my opinion, and I've listened to all of yours. My opinion is subjective, as is yours, but when you start telling me I'm inaccurate...that's both untrue and unfair...you're now ASSUMING.

What the f&%^ dude?! My 'inconsistencies'/'inaccuracies' are based off of a BETA VERSION that is not even released except to BETA TESTERS! I DO NOT HAVE THIS VERSION! (can your read that bold font???) What do you not understand about that?! Does anyone else have an Axe FX II side by side with an Ax8?! I don't see anyone here who has given any valid proof other than iaresee that is quite apparently a beta tester using newer firmware than anyone else (which CANNOT be downloaded from the forum). It's apparent that I'm not going to win against a bunch of keyboard warriors lol...so I'm officially done here. Do what you want with my disappointment...I simply voiced my opinion, and I've listened to all of yours. My opinion is subjective, as is yours, but when you start telling me I'm inaccurate...that's both untrue and unfair...you're now ASSUMING.

Relax Francis.

Cliff has stated that Quantum 2 has been ported to the AX8 and is in beta test. And a beta tester confirm that the parameters are 1:1 all there with the exception of the tremolo. While that may not seem like valid proof to you, I'm willing to take the word of Cliff and longtime member iaresee that this is in fact true - they certainly have nothing to gain from lying.

The inaccuracy I was referring to was regarding how much was missing even discounting the beta - saying that a third is missing is both untrue and unfair ;)

As for winning against keyboard warriors, nobody else is at battle here so you are the defacto champion :)

BTW, I do have an Axe-FX II and an AX8 and would be happy to do any comparisons you'd like now or in the future.

I simply voiced my opinion, and I've listened to all of yours. My opinion is subjective, as is yours, but when you start telling me I'm inaccurate...that's both untrue and unfair...you're now ASSUMING.

The assumption worked both ways where you assumed that the AX8 was going to deliver everything that the AFX does. That assumption lead to subjective opinion (your words) then further cascaded into a public declaration. A forum rule of thumb: do not post subjective opinions that are based on argumentative findings that you can neither back up nor handle the recourse of such action.

As Ian said, because: Internet.

When I fear what the future may bring in the hands of our current younger generation, I just sit back and recall Woodstock, and the peace/love/dove generation of the late 1960s....everything will be just fine...I...think...oh...noooooo....

I can't hear any difference between the Axe-Fx and AX8 and I don't think anyone else can either.
If you did hear a difference, you may have done something unintentional that caused it.

but when you start telling me I'm inaccurate...that's both untrue and unfair...you're now ASSUMING.
to be objective about it, if you say "a third of the amp parameters are missing" and 1/3 of the amp parameters aren't missing in the current firmware on your AX8, that is what they are calling inaccurate.

you can be disappointed all you want :) but if there are solutions for the issues you mentioned, perhaps give those a try. as mentioned before, the AX8 is not an Axe-Fx. it never was. and probably never will be. it was never advertised as one either. it is a different device, which it seems you realize.

Last edited:
if you are disappointed and it doesn't work for you, i'd sell it. many people want one. you can get an Axe-Fx instead, which it seems you are used to already. that's my suggestion on this public forum for discussion.

Chris, he said it's not his. He was helping to set it up for a friend and has already returned it to his friend. He has an AxeII.

Moke,
I just listened to a couple of your bands youtube videos. If I ever get out to the LA area, I'm making it a point to see you guys live. Kudos!

Moke,
I just listened to a couple of your bands youtube videos. If I ever get out to the LA area, I'm making it a point to see you guys live. Kudos!
What the heck, Why are you dragging me into this? :eek:............Thanks CipherHost, you thread hi-jacker..;):D

Whatever.
May I state I am happy that there are features missing on the AX8? And part of the dollars to pay compared to a full blown Axe FX?
This thing is so powerful I will be busy to learn and get used to it for months to come. God dammit, if Cliff would cut half of the amp preferences I will never use I might be even more happy - different strokes for different folks...

The only thing I can really add to this is that dealing with frosting is a tricky issue. Sometimes I have to ask myself, "does having a gazillion options really make me sound any better than Brian May did with a treble boost slamming the front in of an AC30 with all the top boost guts ripped out?

Its fun to play with presets and try to get as close as a record as I can, but I've also been in a band for the better part of 10 years that has to play covers mixed with originals and my 2 channel Mesa DC3 with a Tube Scream set drive off and mids slightly up for a mid/lead boost was never a problem in playing as well as I ever needed to play, or in playing music with all the proper emotion and energy it might need.

This is where knowing the product as described from the factory becomes very important. I know going into this that I can't mix 4 amps, and rout the sun back through the moon and for all I know throw a legit Neve preamp at the end of the chain (just throwing that out there for the sake of assumers everywhere lol). I'm going from a tube amp on stage to being prepared to get myself used to going direct to the board (I haven't actually seen how many people are micing full range speakers) for the first time in years. The last time I did this I had a POD 2.0 and ran some pedals to make up for the limitations in the effects. While this sounded better than anything that had preceded (I had used a Korg AX30G which had definitely come a long way for direct guitars, but boy to listen to it now used that way... whew LOL) I wasn't really nailing any sound I was after, but I at least felt like I had a basic amp sound.

Needless to say, the idea of being able to basically have a very realistic sound like I'm used to in the Mesa models, and add the headroomy sound a 100 power amp would have (I have EL84s so, the only thing I can't really do is that big punchy thing) and then even hearing some of the patches in the patch page of the Van Halen and Pink Floyd stuff... WOW.

Something else I have to keep in mind is that 9 times out of 10 we're going to be mono live. In fact, I don't think we were run stereo when we opened for REO Speedwagon, and that was a pretty massive production over all, and I don't think REO even ran stereo. I think where the things were discussing in this thread really come into play are in the studio in most instances. Maybe some layer a whole bunch of amps live, but anyone who's ever played a clubs knows that the sonics in most of them don't lend to hearing such fine tuning. Sometimes we're eqing our guitars at the board in such an ugly fashion just to cut that we wonder why we bothered spending so much money on our tube amp in the first place. LOL

The good news if someone did get the AX8 thinking it would do all the extras an AXE FXII does is that we can always layer tracks and we can always record with the AX8 and then reroute it through an aux for its effects, and of course there are some definite professional plugins out there... even for home studios.

Convenience in the matter is personal, but I would encourage anyone to remember that the AX8 in any weakness is still better than any other processor on the market. They've passed TC and Lexicon for effects. At the end of the day, make music with what you have because yesterday is gone... both for the good (better gear now) and bad (we're not getting any youth back). So definitely redeem the day, and put that AX8 to use because you can do more with that than 99% of all history could do in making music. Thats not a corrective comment to people who've posted, its an encouragement to keep in mind when you get fired up about things. Get fired up about making music instead.

Back
Top Bottom