Disappointed in the user interface

I love my Axe-II but hate its user interface. It's pretty close to something out of the 1980s still. I'm not saying it should be a touch screen btw but I would've preferred seeing something that doesn't require a shitload of scrolling to operate.

Flexibly routed guitar preamp programming circa early 1990s (such things didn't exist in the 1980s):

Remember to thank Fractal for the simple, intuitive and wonderfully quick UI they developed for the Axe.

The screen wouldn't have to be physically larger. Same size, higher resolution would work.

It would make the text smoother looking and easier to read....

Haters gotta hate. It's in their nature.

Personally, I love to bitch. If I don't have something to bitch about, I'll make something up.
On the other hand, I really don't have any complaints with the front panel controls and I absolutely adore AE and use it with my MacBook Pro even at gigs!
………..what's a bitcher to do??

All I'm asking is for more rotary controllers which relate specifically to the front panel of the amp being modelled.

Hardly a huge criticism of the unit as a whole,.

Haven't read the whole thread (started to get annoyed after two pages :)) but here you have a good point. I also would like to see simple amp style knobs on the interface of both Axe and FX8. Just simple gain, volume, bass, mid and treble knobs like on a real amp would make it much user (tweak) friendly in my opinion. I miss this. Same goes for some effect front panel 'knobs'. Would be very handy to have say the delay mix and feedback or chorus rate/depth on special front panel knobs (just to name something I use the most) without having to assign them to the ABCD knobs (which I never use).

Last edited:
Flexibly routed guitar preamp programming circa early 1990s (such things didn't exist in the 1980s):

Remember to thank Fractal for the simple, intuitive and wonderfully quick UI they developed for the Axe.

I use to have one of those. God damn, It was an awesome piece of gear but, that thing was a nightmare to do custom routing.

Haven't read the whole thread (started to get annoyed after two pages :)) but here you have a good point. I also would like to see simple amp style knobs on the interface of both Axe and FX8. Just simple gain, volume, bass, mid and treble knobs like on a real amp would make it much user (tweak) friendly in my opinion. I miss this. Same goes for some effect front panel 'knobs'. Would be very handy to have say the delay mix and feedback or chorus rate/depth on special front panel knobs (just to name something I use the most) without having to assign them to the ABCD knobs (which I never use).

Even if it's not possible to add these to the AFX without seriously reengineering the whole thing, it would be cool if fractal released a 1u bank of rotary encoders and switches, which you could install directly above or below your AFX unit.

It could either map directly to the front panel of the selected model or it could be setup so that the user programs which features they want quick access to.

I would buy one- and I'd be surprised if there wasn't a market for it amongst axefx users.

I have zero patience and the attention span of a goldfish with ADD.
I've never had any problems dialing in sounds - and with axe edit, the task is even more effortless.
I can't think of any FX units or amps that aren't controlled by dials / knobs ( and amps don't have LED displays either, you have to guess ! )
Do you know something I don't ?

Then go find a unit that has a display that meets your needs. I bet it will sound like shit. I'm tired of all the nitpicking. This is the best unit out there bar none. Plus, the customer service is beyond exceptional. Good luck searching or you can just play what you have and enjoy.

What a mean spirited post, just browsing but wow the county has its heals

You're kidding me, right?! This is like some kind of design from the 80's! You can't see how they could be improved by having breasts on the back as well?
Nah. That would seriously impede their backpack keg-wearing possibilities. I think a rear breast is a highly overrated feature.

Back
Top Bottom