Disappointed In FC Availability

@Chrit Shaw
.......I have Scene 1 toggle to Scene 2 and Scene 2-4 toggle back to Scene 1. Scene 5 toggles to Scene 6 and Scene 6-8 toggle back to Scene 5. The FC's could not do this.

I'm not sure I'm getting what you are saying.....I may be wrong but I believe the FC units always had this ability from the start.

or try a Nektar Pacer - easier to set up (web based editor is incredibly easy to use) and then re-purpose it or sell it when an FC shows up.
Plenty of flexibility how to set up a Pacer - I have mine changing scenes and preset up / down to suit.

I'm not sure I'm getting what you are saying.....I may be wrong but I believe the FC units always had this ability from the start.

I have footswitch (fs) and LCD 1-8 set to Scene (s) 1-8.
  • If I step on fs1, s1 and lcd1 get selected
  • Step on fs1 again, lcd1 gets disabled and lcd2 and s2 get selected
  • Step on fs2, lcd2 gets disabled and lcd1 s1 get selected
  • Step on fs3, lcd1 disables, lcd3 s3 get selected
  • Step on fs3 again, lcd3 disables, lcd1 s1 get selected
  • Step on fs4, lcd1 disables, lcd4 s4 get selected
  • Step on fs4 again, lcd4 disables, lcd1 s1 enables
  • s5-8 are setup just like s1-4, so s5 toggles to s6 and s6-8 toggle back to s5

I have footswitch (fs) and LCD 1-8 set to Scene (s) 1-8.
  • If I step on fs1, s1 and lcd1 get selected
  • Step on fs1 again, lcd1 gets disabled and lcd2 and s2 get selected
  • Step on fs2, lcd2 gets disabled and lcd1 s1 get selected
  • Step on fs3, lcd1 disables, lcd3 s3 get selected
  • Step on fs3 again, lcd3 disables, lcd1 s1 get selected
  • Step on fs4, lcd1 disables, lcd4 s4 get selected
  • Step on fs4 again, lcd4 disables, lcd1 s1 enables
  • s5-8 are setup just like s1-4, so s5 toggles to s6 and s6-8 toggle back to s5
If s5 - s8 are the same ....then step on s5 calls up lcd5 s5, step again toggles to lcd6 s6. Step on fs6 toggles back to s5?

So fs2 & fs6 initially always reverts back?

I take it if on fs4 s4 active & you step fs2 s2...s2 would activate?

Likewise situation with fs6 s6?

If s5 - s8 are the same ....then step on s5 calls up lcd5 s5, step again toggles to lcd6 s6. Step on fs6 toggles back to s5?

So fs2 & fs6 initially always reverts back?

I take it if on fs4 s4 active & you step fs2 s2...s2 would activate?

Likewise situation with fs6 s6?

Correct. I usually have s1-4 for high/mid gain and s5-8 for low clean gain. S1 and s5 don't have any fx. S2 and s6 are for lead and usually have delay and reverb. S3-4 and s7-8 usually have special fx like chorus, flange, phaser...

When I'm playing I don't want to tap dance, so I setup my scenes this way, so I can step on a fs and then step on the same one to bring me back to my main gain or clean sound on s1 or s5.

I use song mode in a similar way. I put all my presets in the order of each section of the song, ex: intro, verse, pre chorus, chorus, verse, pre chorus, chorus, solo, bridge, chorus, outro. I have a fs set to preset increment, so I only have to step on 1 fs for each section of the song and never have to remember which fs to step on. This lets me focus on just playing guitar/bass.

I purchased my AFX3 in late October 2018 and I'm STILL waiting for an invite for either fc-6 or fc-12, right now I'm not fussy. I understand that business plans don't always work out and sometimes forces beyond your control change schedules BUT this is an expensive item that can't be used to it's full.

You can get a relatively cheap MIDI controller while you wait for the FC. That's what I did, buying a Voes controller and reselling it in only a few days once I got my FC-6.

You can get a relatively cheap MIDI controller while you wait for the FC. That's what I did, buying a Voes controller and reselling it in only a few days once I got my FC-6.
Yes, that's the one I liked the look of. If I don't get an invite in the next two week I thought id go for it. Thanks for the advise very helpful.

I got my FC12 a week ago and couldn't be happier. That said, I went through months of frustration as I midi programmed the MFC101 to work with the Ax3. OP has a right to be frustrated, although I too wonder about the timing. The waitlist is basically gone.... hello?

or try a Nektar Pacer - easier to set up (web based editor is incredibly easy to use) and then re-purpose it or sell it when an FC shows up.
Plenty of flexibility how to set up a Pacer - I have mine changing scenes and preset up / down to suit.

I made my peace with the wait for an FC-12, Fractal doesn’t have the purchasing power of Line6, I knew that from the get-go ..then, that wait? ..it was worth the inconvenience. I wanted the Fractal for all the obvious reasons ..aaand ...no pain no gain! :0) ..

Before I ordered the AXE III, I ordered the Nektar Pacer, to control it. I snagged that particular midi controller as I can use it as a DAW foot controller when the FC-12 shows up. ..Until then, I’m still good to go.

The Pacer is a pretty-nifty piece of hardware - all kinds of uses I’ll have for it after the FC-12 shows up.

To the OP.. Shouldn’t be too much longer. Just like with any of life’s inconveniences, eventually they fall by the wayside. We usually get what we need, and, if we’re being reasonable about our wishlist, most of what we want too, in time. ..all in time.

Thanks but if I'm spending that much I want a new one with the 3 years warranty.
Oh come on now! Are you positive you are not working for a competitor? I mean you have received several great suggestions and an outright offer to purchase a controller. I think your complaint has been registered, answered, and corrected. I suggest closing this thread.

I got my FC12 a week ago and couldn't be happier. That said, I went through months of frustration as I midi programmed the MFC101 to work with the Ax3. OP has a right to be frustrated, although I too wonder about the timing. The waitlist is basically gone.... hello?
I'm guessing you don't live in Europe then ?

My FC-12 invite came a few days ago after getting on the waitlist in mid-April in the USA. Delivery is scheduled for mid-week. The wait only ended up being ~10 weeks wait for me, but when I got on the list it was much more backlogged.

My FC-12 invite came a few days ago after getting on the waitlist in mid-April in the USA. Delivery is scheduled for mid-week. The wait only ended up being ~10 weeks wait for me, but when I got on the list it was much more backlogged.
That's awesome! what April date were you? I'm April 29th. Thanks!

I have been using a modded FCB1010 with my Axe FX 2 with no problems. Except that the expression pedals are garbage.
I even changed all the buttons to be "clicky" standard pedal buttons, not the default mushy ones. Might put a springs on the expression pedals so they wouldn't be problematic...

The advantages FC-6 has over other midi pedalboards are:
Easy to program through the same patch editor.
Communication both ways.
Screens and custom colors.
No need for external power, and works with a single XLR cable.

In short - You pay for convenience.

Otherwise, all pedalboard are, is just a bunch of buttons you control your axe FX with and all of them work.
Scenes, expressions, bypassing blocks, controlling allowed knobs. Everything works.

With the Axe FX 3, you can even simply connect a bunch of momentary buttons directly to the "Pedal" inputs, and use them as a primitive pedalboard... For the most part, footswitches from any old amp will likely work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a prince from Michigan and I got my invite and insert scam of choice here LOL!

But honestly I did get my invite and just haven't had the free cash to justify it of late. To many things going on. I wish I was allowed to pass it to you I would.

Everyone said everything already I would have added regarding having to wait. It will work out for you OP. I hated waiting to get the AXE3 as well. Bought the AX8 held me over until then sold it. AX8 may have suited you better for gigging now and far cheaper....it's still an amazing system.

Back
Top Bottom