Disadvantages when buying from ebay

Rhiza

Inspired
Hi guys, I'm currently saving up to buy the axe fx 2. I noticed I can buy one from ebay, but I heard from a friend that there might be some disadvantages when buying from ebay. Can anyone confirm this?

Confirmed.

1. It's eBay

2. You'll probably be paying more than if you bought it from FAS, Tone Merchants or G66

3. Warranty is void through evilbay err I mean eBay

I'm pretty sure there's more bad to it but those I can say without a doubt.

Reactions: jon
Thank you for the fast reply. I'll just have to buy from g66 and wait in line like everyone else. Its actualy perfect coz im moving to berlin soon.
Thanks guys, looking forward to be part of the axe fx "gang"

Oh one last thing. Im planning to buy this thing in may. How long are the waiting lines? Maybe i should go waiting in line now :)

another drawback is when the Axe2 for sale don't exactly exist and your money is winging it's way to Nigeria

you end up with no money and no Axe2...

ouch!!!

I have bought alot of stuff off ebay mostly good and once I bought a set Indiana Jones DVD's they never arrived and I spent hours trying to get it resolved but because of glitch in there systems they said I closed the dispute and I never got my Dvd's or money back.. For along time I didnt buy anything on ebay. But I am back to buying stuff. But I wouldnt buy a scalped AXE FX II from ebay for more than MSRP that is just feeding the sharks. And a warranty is nice on such an investment.

Listed my E-Mu sampler on ebay. Sold it for $3600. Sent via FedEx, collect on delivery. Specified that it must be a Cashier's/Bank cheque. Next day, I receive the bank cheque. Deposit in my bank, next day funds are available. Life goes on, make purchases, etc. And one week later, I incurred several overdraft penalties, and had a balance of -$1200. Why? The bank cheque was a very well crafted forgery. My lawyer contacted the FBI, nothing ever resolved. FedEx even had someone go to the delivery address, and found an empty business place. Turns out, as best as could be figured, *someone* had simply squated this place, made it look "lived in," and after one week of crime, deserted it. That was ten years ago. One expensive lesson.

Hey nikki ... sorry about that, I had to leave because there was no power in that building to try out the E-Mu :razz

But seriously - the shennanigans that went on with e-bay back then was practically criminal, sorry you got caught.

Even if I was totally desperate I wouldn't buy an AF2 from ebay at the moment - better to buy a good resalable substitute while you wait for the real deal to become available. I've no truck with these profiteers and it would be good if nobody bit at those 'Buy Now' only auctions and left them high and dry - but I fear there will always be impatient people with money burning a hole in their pockets for a good few months yet.

Try asking the sellers via an ebay message if the original invoice can be included with the Axe so you have proof of purchase evidence to present to FAS just in case of breakdown and want to try getting it fixed under warranty. Usually good for some evasive answers! :)

i used ebay to sell a guitar, buyer bought and destroyed said guitar sent it back to me, said he received it like that,i couldn't prove other wise although that defiantly was not the case, i got spammed with a destroyed guitar and no money! EVIL BAY! they could not care less! if you have any problems they simply don't care as long as their collecting their selling fees. i would steer very clear.

This went a bit off topic, but i agree. Ebay can be a bastard. I had a bad feeling about the axe fx being sold on ebay. Its a lot of money. But thx for sharing your stories!

Or rest of the world that is not USA :razz

This is seriously OT, but whatever :)

I was working in Dehli, India a few years back and I heard a local tell this joke:
Q: What's the difference between the Chinese and the Americans?
A: The Chinese say "Of all the countries in the world, we are the most important", while the Americans say "Huh? What? Other countries?"

Back
Top Bottom