Disabling Input 1 While Not In Use?

Xenoprimate

Hey, what's the best way to disable the guitar input while I have no guitar attached?

As everyone knows when you have a loose instrument cable attached to an amp you usually get quite an annoying buzzing, that's to be expected. With a real amp I'd just... Turn off the amp, lol, but I can't do that with the Axefx because it's also my main audio interface. I could also unplug the cable but it's at the back of unit which is a pain to get to and I'd rather not do that every time.

So far I've found two makeshift solutions:
  • Keep preset 511 as blank so I can just leave the Axefx on that
  • Activate the tuner so it mutes the input that way

Is there some obvious way I haven't thought of or that's built-in? Thanks :)

I have one of my switches on the FC12 set to bypass an amp block with bypass mode set to mute. Same idea as the tuner, I just don't want to see the tuner moving around from the noise. Really not a problem, I just don't prefer it. You can do the same with the outputs, but there doesn't seem to be an option to control the input via switch. I'd like to see that as an option.

I have one of my switches on the FC12 set to bypass an amp block with bypass mode set to mute. Same idea as the tuner, I just don't want to see the tuner moving around from the noise. Really not a problem, I just don't prefer it. You can do the same with the outputs, but there doesn't seem to be an option to control the input via switch. I'd like to see that as an option.

Yeah haha, I have the same problem with the tuner (i.e. it works, but the moving graphic is kinda distracting :p). Though I did realise now that I can page over to the Config/Offsets page on the Tuner window to hide the graphic; so that's probably good enough.

You could always try a cable with a Neutrik Silent plug. Those short the connectors together until the cable is fully seated in a jack. Unplugging the cable from the guitar would automatically short the input contacts, effectively muting the input.

Oh now that's an interesting idea. I had no clue such a thing even existed. Thanks for the link friend 👍.

Oh now that's an interesting idea. I had no clue such a thing even existed. Thanks for the link friend 👍.

This is exactly what I do (I have one of those Lava coily cables with a silent plug). I just leave my guitar cable plugged in all the time.

As other said, bypass input 1 block. If you want a regular easy way to do this for any preset, add it to your global perform page.

Back
Top Bottom