1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. July 27 2018 - support.fractalaudio.com is temporarily down for updates. Please use this forum for support or see the "News" section here for additional details. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Disable Up/Down buttons

Discussion in 'MFC Discussion' started by aircadet, Jul 19, 2018.

1. aircadet

aircadet
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

hi
    I'd like to use my MFC as just a scene select for a one off gig as I've created a load of patch for each song. I'll use the AxeFx to select the patch then scenes to change effect. I've created these patches from preset number 600 in order of songs so I don't want to acidently hit up or down & go into preset 1 etc. & have to scroll all the way back to 600. Can I disable the up/down preset selectors just for this gig?
    Hope that makes sense, thanks in advance.

Paul

2. chris

chris
    Expand Collapse

They cannot be disabled.

How would you get from preset 600 to preset 1? And why would it be “all the way back” to 600?

3. aircadet

aircadet
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

If I'm on preset 603 & accidentally press the up button it will go to preset 1 to 5 depending which preset button I press.

4. Billbill

Billbill
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

First off, the MFC will only access something like the first 386 presets so if you're using it live you should rearrange your presets to accommodate this. You can setup the MFC IA switches to just change scenes. I've got mine set to switches 1-8 switch scenes 1-8.

aircadet likes this.
  5. chris

chris
    Expand Collapse

as billbill suggested, i would move/swap your presets on the Axe-Fx to lower slots so you don't jump to the first 384 presets. if you're saving those for the factory presets, you can always reload them later, so just swap them out.

having the presets you use in the range that the MFC uses is definitely the intended way to use it.

aircadet likes this.
  6. aircadet

aircadet
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Ok thanks, I'll just swap them around for this gig.

Thanks both.