Disable Relay per scene? (global relay block for attenuator?)

maxbato

Sorry about the thread title. Wasn't sure how to word this.

I have an Orange Rockerverb MKIII and it has a really nice switchable Attenuator, which I use as a volume boost for leads, etc. This attenuator is relay controlled.

I have set up 7 different scenes that change from clean to dirty along with different amounts of delay/pitch on each. That is all working great. I have the 7 scenes assigned to 7 switches on the main page. My 8th button I have put a relay2 block which turns on/off my Attenuator. I did this thinking I could use it whenever I wanted a boost on whatever scene I was on at the time.

The issue is when I have the this relay enabled (attneuator off for boost), and then switch to a different scene, the scene turns the relay back off and overwrites whatever that block was set at.

I'm sure there is a way to make the relay block operate separately from the scenes or is there a way to "disable" relay2 in all my scenes someway.

I originally wanted to use sticky scenes for my scene switching but once in that mode, I have no way to use switch the Attenuator on/off when needed.

Am I making any sense?

Thanks for any help in advance.

No. Scenes control everything when used and you can’t have scenes “ignore” individual things you’ve setup. Probably best to use a dedicated separate switch just for that function.

From the manual:

NOTE: When a RELAY block is in your preset, that relay will be controlled ONLY by the block. Any relay settings on the Config page will be ignored. However, the scene itself can control the RELAY block in the same way a scene controls ON/OFF and X/Y for every block.

I don't understand. It says it should ignore what is in the config page. I have my preset setup as

1-7 - Scenes 1-7
8 - RLY1

The "However" part of the sentence above seems to contradict the 1st part.

From the manual:

NOTE: When a RELAY block is in your preset, that relay will be controlled ONLY by the block. Any relay settings on the Config page will be ignored. However, the scene itself can control the RELAY block in the same way a scene controls ON/OFF and X/Y for every block.

I don't understand. It says it should ignore what is in the config page. I have my preset setup as

1-7 - Scenes 1-7
8 - RLY1

The "However" part of the sentence above seems to contradict the 1st part.
It’s just saying if you program the Config page AND have a Relay block, the 2 won’t interfere because the block takes precedence.

Yea, I get that, but there lies the issue, Once you switch scenes, the scene takes precedence and relay gets turned off. However, going back to the scene where I turned the relay block on, it saves its state.

I need a way to make the block always take precedence.

Yea, I get that, but there lies the issue, Once you switch scenes, the scene takes precedence and relay gets turned off. However, going back to the scene where I turned the relay block on, it saves its state.

I need a way to make the block always take precedence.
The block doesn’t take precedence over what the Scene saved. That manual quote isn’t saying that at all. It’s only saying between the config page and the block, the block’s setting will overrule the config page.

Scenes control blocks. A block can’t ignore what the Scene will load.

Run a separate cable to a simple switch for this function and keeping out of the FX8 Scene logic.

Back
Top Bottom