Dis anyone have problems...

Fabio KTG

Fractal Fanatic
Did anyone have problems...

... accessing the forum over the last few days? The forum wouldn't load in my browser (Safari) or Firefox, but suddenly started working today.

Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:
I had this for a month for no reason. It said server stopped responding, but then after a month or so it started working again.

The wifi/broadband in my house is failing to load certain sites (nothing dodgy, mainstream ones like bbc.co.uk, skysports.co.uk, so it can't be my ISP attempting some weird blocking). These are inaccessible across multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, Android phone, Windows7 desktop) so it's definitely not a device issue.
Error messages across all browsers/devices are general timeout ones. It appeared to be only .co.uk sites but I am able to connect to others like theregister.co.uk so it's not all of them. When I switch off wifi on my phone and try access sites over mobile data connection it loads them fine, so I know the sites aren't down.
I've rebooted router and also tried changing DNS to both GoogleDNS and OpenDNS without joy.
Any ideas? Anything else I could try? Am I missing something glaringly obvious?

The wifi/broadband in my house is failing to load certain sites (nothing dodgy, mainstream ones like bbc.co.uk, skysports.co.uk, so it can't be my ISP attempting some weird blocking). These are inaccessible across multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, Android phone, Windows7 desktop) so it's definitely not a device issue.
Error messages across all browsers/devices are general timeout ones. It appeared to be only .co.uk sites but I am able to connect to others like theregister.co.uk so it's not all of them. When I switch off wifi on my phone and try access sites over mobile data connection it loads them fine, so I know the sites aren't down.
I've rebooted router and also tried changing DNS to both GoogleDNS and OpenDNS without joy.
Any ideas? Anything else I could try? Am I missing something glaringly obvious?

i had the same problem i shared here about a month ago:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/82424-im-being-shut-out-my-favorite-website.html
unfortunately, i haven't figure out the problem yet, short of contacting admin with my ip add.
am accessing site mainly through my mobile data plan or directly through the modem.

All has been fixed. My IP address was blocked. I emailed Fractal Support and it was fixed the next day.

Thanks a million M@, I was becoming moody and sweaty from withdrawal. Lol

All has been fixed. My IP address was blocked. I emailed Fractal Support and it was fixed the next day.

Thanks a million M@, I was becoming moody and sweaty from withdrawal. Lol

hi Fabio,
i emailed both the webmaster and fractal support last week on the same problem but haven't heard from either yet.
could you let me know who did you write to specifically to get your problem resolved?
basically i just googled "what is my ip" and emailed off that ip that pops up to the ask for assistance to unblock it.
thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom