Dirty Shirley

shasha

Fractal Fanatic
...I love you. :)

What a fantastic sounding model. If you haven't tried it I think that you should stop what you are doing and treat yourself. I hadn't even noticed it before and decided to give it a whirl now that things have started to settle down a bit on the old home front. From what I understand it's a bit of a modded JTM45 which is also one of my favorites.

I hate to admit not having used any of the newest models yet. I've been working on past ones and trying to develop a convincing Super Reverb. I think I will take a break from my labors and give them all a go!

I'll have to give it another go,wasn't impressed when I first tried it ,thought I'd love it cause I love the HBE.What speakers you using with it?

I'll have to give it another go,wasn't impressed when I first tried it ,thought I'd love it cause I love the HBE.What speakers you using with it?
Pretty sure that I'm using one of my custom mixed cabs. I'll have to check later tonight after work.

I hate to admit not having used any of the newest models yet. I've been working on past ones and trying to develop a convincing Super Reverb. I think I will take a break from my labors and give them all a go!

Maybe the Sure Weasel will reward you with Super clean tones.

Try a the Ownhammer H75 or a H75/M75 combination. No mic or SM58 / R121.
Exactly these two IRs i combined yesterday night with the BE using my ES335 ... oh man! Kickass rock sound! will give the Shirley (as based on/modded JTM45) these Cabs with the Strat ...hmmm yummy :)

I use it with the same IR's as my HBE which I believe was a G12 and JM Fairfield mix that Scott had originally posted about.
It sounds great with the Shirley as well. Actually I have one preset with those IR's and the Shirley and HBE as the XY amps

Works great

Similar setup for me as well only I've been tweaking the BE and a drive or boost in front. I've been wearing Shirely out since 7.0. I can't stop! I used a YouTube review of a real DS by Lance Keltner as a reference. As the matter of fact I think I basically set the knobs how he had it set, added a mono hires cab and called it a day.

Both amps are very versatile IMO.

Hadn't had the opportunity to get down n' dirty with Shirley til today. Really really awesome model. I wish I'd got to it sooner. What a range of tones!

I've been using the OH SLM H75 cab with a low cut around 60hz and a hi cut at about 8khz for playback thru my monitors. I'll be smashing it thru the Matrix into a 4x12 tomorrow, looking forward to that! Not really sure how Shirley'll fare thru my cab, a H&K Coreblade, oversized with Classic Lead 80's but finding out is gonna be a ton of fun!

While not knocking the HBE off the top spot for me, it's definitely tied it I think.

Back
Top Bottom