Direction for someone creating their own Cab IR?

N otyelf

Just got a Port City cab a week ago and I absolutely love the sound of it. For recording direct, I would like to have this as a cab IR (Yes I have my own microphones). I have no clue how to go about this. I did see the Cab Lab software, but was not sure if I need that to make my own IRs for my cab, or if there was another method? Just want to be sure on what I should do before I throw down cash :).

I also only have an Ax8, so I am not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Just got a Port City cab a week ago and I absolutely love the sound of it. For recording direct, I would like to have this as a cab IR (Yes I have my own microphones). I have no clue how to go about this. I did see the Cab Lab software, but was not sure if I need that to make my own IRs for my cab, or if there was another method? Just want to be sure on what I should do before I throw down cash :).

I also only have an Ax8, so I am not sure if that makes a difference or not.
I'm not 100%, but I think you need an Axe Fx to create IRs or Cab Lab.

Just looked for the wiki and confirmed that you can't do it with the AX8:

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=IR_Capture

Thank you both for the info! I will see if I can harass a friend for the fx 2 ;).

Thank you Tom for the link, I will have to check that out, my cab is a bit different however, but may still be good to checkout :)

If you use a tube amp, get a DI box that lets you use the mic-DI -method. Not that important with solid state amps. Behringer di100 is probably the cheapest one.

Back
Top Bottom