Direct to iPhone 6

gain.jpg

deftim13, I would imagine he's just recording the audio straight into iMovie. There's nothing to mix audio wise there.

What are you using in the Axe-FX to record with? Garageband?

You simply run the Tascam PCM recording app in the background and use the iPhone's camera. Open the iMovie app and import the video and add titles and transitions. No need to sync the audio to the video because the camera app uses the Tascam interface and NOT the internal mic.

You simply run the Tascam PCM recording app in the background and use the iPhone's camera. Open the iMovie app and import the video and add titles and transitions. No need to sync the audio to the video because the camera app uses the Tascam interface and NOT the internal mic.

Wow, I didn't know you could do that. Pretty awesome.

Very cool Mark! Any chance you've also attempted this with the iPhone5 or iPhone5S, or is there anything inherent with the iPhone6 that excludes the previous versions?

Cheers,

Lee

Very cool Mark! Any chance you've also attempted this with the iPhone5 or iPhone5S, or is there anything inherent with the iPhone6 that excludes the previous versions?

Cheers,

Lee
It will work with the 5 and 5s with the Apple Lightning adapter :)

Ordered all the parts necessary to put this together (see Mark's Facebook Post). :)

Mark - do you use a bluetooth remote shutter FOB to start the iPhone video recording or do you just reach out and tap the soft button on the iPhone to get roll'in? :D

Ordered all the parts necessary to put this together (see Mark's Facebook Post). :)

Mark - do you use a bluetooth remote shutter FOB to start the iPhone video recording or do you just reach out and tap the soft button on the iPhone to get roll'in? :D

Just tap the soft button :)

Dang. Thought you were going to give me "THE" reason to finally jump to the 6. ;) I guess I'll just have to rock my iPhone5, for now.

You simply run the Tascam PCM recording app in the background and use the iPhone's camera.
great tip, Mark!
hoping you (or anyone) can explain what you meant by running the pcm app in the background while using the iphone's camera? i thought the iphone only allows 1 app at anytime.

Hey Mark, as soon as I start or switch to the camera app (iPhone 6), the PCM app stops recording. How did you solve that?

Hey Mark, as soon as I start or switch to the camera app (iPhone 6), the PCM app stops recording. How did you solve that?

Just hit the record button in the app NOT play and record. With the record button ON the app passes audio to the camera app. The camera records as normal but using the Tascam as the audio source, disabling the phone's mic.

Solved, the Camera app uses the interface automatically, without needing the Tascam app running or recording at all.
The Tascam app is handy though for setting levels and visual feedback.

It is a nifty and easy solution for people like who hate video editing. Finally I can make some quick-and-dirty videos. Well, not dirty videos in that sense of course.

Thanks for your help!

P.S. The "Rode Rec” app in App Store makes it possible to record at 48kHz instead of 44,1.

Last edited:
They were $20 last week. It looks like the price went back up to $80. I use the iRig Pro to do the same thing.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/tascam-ixj2-line-in-mic-converter-for-apple-ios?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CP_Xr4ifvMMCFcECaQod7LUAGA&kwid=productads-plaid^80558299107-sku^J10272000000000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^51870555867

Looked, couldn't find it.

Look again at the comments in Mark's FB post where I asked for cables and he responded. I found everything I needed quickly on Amazon.

All the cables arrived yesterday. I just have to figure out all the apps involved (i.e., apps on the MacBook Pro side and the iPhone 6 Plus side) and I will be good to go for this weekend! [emoji2][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom