Direct Sound being heard when recording via USB

Peter Cox

Hi all, very sorry but newbie question here... I'm recording via usb and using my Axe FX II as the interface, no problems but when I mute the amp block I can hear my direct guitar signal. I presume this is recording as well as my patch sound?? Not sure if I'm making sense?!
I would have thought that when I mute the amp block the signal would go silent?
I'm recording into Reaper.
Appreciate anyone's help.. cheers!

Hi all, very sorry but newbie question here... I'm recording via usb and using my Axe FX II as the interface, no problems but when I mute the amp block I can hear my direct guitar signal. I presume this is recording as well as my patch sound?? Not sure if I'm making sense?!
I would have thought that when I mute the amp block the signal would go silent?
I'm recording into Reaper.
Appreciate anyone's help.. cheers!

How are you muting the amp block? If you are bypassing, check that your amp block bypass is set to mute vs thru.

When you play the recorded track in DAW what do you hear? Do you want dry and wet tracks in DAW?

Ideally I only want the wet tracks recorded, would the dry signal be sitting under the wet one? I can't say I hear it when I'm playing/recording just when I bypass the amp block.

USB sends 4 channels to you computer: Dry left and right and processed left and right.
So it depends on what channels you are recording or monitoring.

Back
Top Bottom