Diming the controls in amp block

Gene

Inspired
PLEXI 50W 6550 (based on Marshall Super Lead 1959) model description the following is one of the notes added:

Try diming all controls, except Presence (set to taste) and Bass (low or off).

Is there a function or a 'option or command' click I need to do in Axe edit to disable the control or something?

Thanks all...................... E

PLEXI 50W 6550 (based on Marshall Super Lead 1959) model description the following is one of the notes added:

Is there a function or a 'option or command' click I need to do in Axe edit to disable the control or something?

"Diming" is slang for turning everything up to its maximum setting. This is just a suggested setting. Not an automatic operation.

Difference between 'diming' and 'dimming'
;)

As @Brownmatthall said, the American 10 cent coin is called a "dime".

There are several American slang uses of "dime".

To "dime" an amplifier is to turn all the controls up to "10" or their maximum value if they go higher than 10.

To drop a "dime" on someone is to turn them into the police. It comes from when pay telephones were 10 cents to make a call. You called into the police from a pay phone to turn someone in; you dropped a "dime" on them.

Even though pay phones in America are almost gone, the slang "dropping a dime" on someone is still used.

We had chocolate bares over here called 'DIME' bars. For some reason they changed the name to Daim bars!!!!!

I often heard of the dime in 'Streets of San Francisco' etc. and Movies, just didn't twig the connection.

"this one goes to 11" !!!!!! a dime plus 1 !!!!! ha:)

As @Brownmatthall said, the American 10 cent coin is called a "dime".

There are several American slang uses of "dime".

To "dime" an amplifier is to turn all the controls up to "10" or their maximum value if they go higher than 10.

To drop a "dime" on someone is to turn them into the police. It comes from when pay telephones were 10 cents to make a call. You called into the police from a pay phone to turn someone in; you dropped a "dime" on them.

Even though pay phones in America are almost gone, the slang "dropping a dime" on someone is still used.

I thought for sure you'd mention a dime ... as in a dime bag ... (way back when $10 would buy a 1/4 oz of the herb) ;)

Inflation killed that ...

English is such a goofy language. We use idioms for everything. Has to be so confusing for people trying to learn it.
Может быть ты хочешь изучать русскый язык? Это очень трудный язык. But yeah english is difficult in areas, especiialy as there are so many dialects around the world, of it.

Back
Top Bottom