• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

DimeBag Darrell Cowboys From Hell Tone?

Just remember Darrell used a Furman PQ3 to get his tone while running it through the Randall head
I never owned a RG80 or 100 but I owned the Dean Dime amp which I believe was meant to be a least sort of a RG100 copy. Never really liked it unfortunately. I very recently owned the Century 200 II which was amazing sounding. Direct I'd say it sounded like the first Skid Row album. Bright, razor sharp yet aggressive like a chainsaw, and pinch harmonics were effortless. I never played it was a PQ3/4 and 6 band EQ so I can't say how much post EQ it would need to really get the Dime sounds.
It was a beautiful sounding amp and I would have loved to keep it, but I bought it solely to flip. I tried to build an amp block in the AX3 to copy the C200 but couldn't get anywhere near close enough for my liking (although a Silver Jubilee probably got closest), and I specifically did not want to tone match. @trixdropd 's Dime patch more than covered my Randall/Dime itch.

El Creepo

Inspired
I have a preset I'd be willing to share, but I am using the real Flanger/Doubler in the loop and am not exactly sure how to copy that sound in the AxeFx.

Top Bottom