Digitizing wet/dry signal

kavevester

Inspired
In my Triaxis/2:90/Axe FX2 setup I would like as much of the signal/sound to come directly from the Mesa setup and only FX from the Axe keeping the original signal 100% intact. (not using the Amp/Cap emulator)

But still need to understand -
when running FX's in parrallel to the signal, the signal goes from input directly to output with all effects put in parrallel, is the dry portion converted from analouge to digital and back again anyway? Or if all effects are tuned to dry signal only..

Anyone using other pre amps/power amps and using a setup where only the FX sound gets digitized leaving the analouge signal intact (parallell FX setup - ex. - Brian May used seperate amps for dry/wet signal)

i had exactly the same setup for a year or so, as mentioned i would not worry about the sound going through axe fx, use good cables, keep them as short as possible, i dont think there is an audible difference between with and without the axe signal chain.

Yes there is an A to D and to D to A conversion to pass audio through the Fractal.

Now and then people post the results of running test signals through at unity gain. It is for all practical purposes completely flat.

IIRC, all the Fractal units are tested for flat response end-to-end before they are shipped?

In my Triaxis/2:90/Axe FX2 setup I would like as much of the signal/sound to come directly from the Mesa setup and only FX from the Axe keeping the original signal 100% intact. (not using the Amp/Cap emulator)

But still need to understand -
when running FX's in parrallel to the signal, the signal goes from input directly to output with all effects put in parrallel, is the dry portion converted from analouge to digital and back again anyway? Or if all effects are tuned to dry signal only..

Anyone using other pre amps/power amps and using a setup where only the FX sound gets digitized leaving the analouge signal intact (parallell FX setup - ex. - Brian May used seperate amps for dry/wet signal)
Are you running two real life cabs one for fx and one for dry?

One setup for dry and one for FX was the idea.. Just not sure if it's necessary to do if AD/DA conversion is not a problem

One setup for dry and one for FX was the idea.. Just not sure if it's necessary to do if AD/DA conversion is not a problem
If you have two real cabs you can always go left out of tri into left of 2:90 then left out of 2:90 to one cab and go right out of tri into fractal out of fractal into right side of 2:90 and out to the "wet" cab. This of course only works if you are not using 4cm

Back
Top Bottom