Digitech FreqOut + Axe-FX II = Win

That's pretty cool!! Hadn't crossed my mind to look into getting the Axe-FX to do it. lol I got the FreqOut for only 150 bucks or so, used...so...guess it's not that much of a loss. :p

Thanks for sharing! That's awesome!!

I've had great luck and lots of fun putting the FreqOut into the loop, and then using a mixer block and an external momentary switch to bring it in and out. I've played with the mixer block both in front and behind the pedal, changing how the effect responds.

Really cool thing you can do is add another delay and or reverb block in series behind the fx return from the pedal, all of which is run in parallel, so then you can do things like having a super long delay trail on the feedback, even after you'd let off the momentary switch and went back to playing without the effect being active.

Depending on how you set the pedal, such as if you use the low or sub octave settings, this can give some really cool synth effects, or Gilmour "seagull"/whale tones etc.

Really fun pedal that is great bang for the buck and gives a unique element of guitar tone, which otherwise isn't always easy to get playing direct, save for having some real stage volume.

As an aside, I've found that when I do have my monitor up loud, a quick step on the pedal basically kicks my rig into instead real acoustical feedback, and at a much lower volume than I otherwise need. SO it kind of can simulate the effect on its own, and also help out the real FB effects

I've had great luck and lots of fun putting the FreqOut into the loop, and then using a mixer block and an external momentary switch to bring it in and out. I've played with the mixer block both in front and behind the pedal, changing how the effect responds.

Really cool thing you can do is add another delay and or reverb block in series behind the fx return from the pedal, all of which is run in parallel, so then you can do things like having a super long delay trail on the feedback, even after you'd let off the momentary switch and went back to playing without the effect being active.

Depending on how you set the pedal, such as if you use the low or sub octave settings, this can give some really cool synth effects, or Gilmour "seagull"/whale tones etc.

Really fun pedal that is great bang for the buck and gives a unique element of guitar tone, which otherwise isn't always easy to get playing direct, save for having some real stage volume.

As an aside, I've found that when I do have my monitor up loud, a quick step on the pedal basically kicks my rig into instead real acoustical feedback, and at a much lower volume than I otherwise need. SO it kind of can simulate the effect on its own, and also help out the real FB effects

Honestly, I'm yet to figure out how the send, mixer, etc blocks work yet. Haven't really messed with them a whole lot yet but looks like I'll have to mess with that some! I love the thing so far. It's really cool. Gotta love it!

I’ve been playing Fractals live direct with IEMs since 2012... the last 2 years with the AX8. Getting sustain and that natural guitar/speaker feedback without a cabinet on stage has been a huge challenge. The Freqout pedal is the best solution available but adding a pedal goes against the reason for having an all in one solution. PLEASE Cliff and team be the first to emulate this pedal allowing us to virtually have the entirety of having an amp on stage... without the speakers.

For now, could someone translate Simeon’s solution to work on the AX8?

Thanks a TON!!!
JP

FracTool had no problem converting it. I didn't have a chance to try it out, not near my rig right now.

Attachments

• p003025_HarmonicFeedbackMarkDay_AX8.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for doing this. Kudos to Simeon and all others involved in putting this together! There seems to be a lot more going on here sonically than what the Freqout does which makes it sound cool and different. What I’m hoping for eventually is that Fractal can knock off or come up with their own version of exactly what the Freqout does because it is the closest thing I’ve heard to what happens naturally when playing loud with a real amp. Just my opinion but I really do think that this is the “missing link” in amp modeling especially for those of us that no longer use cabinets on stage.

Sorry for commenting on an old post... I'd love to see how you route all this because I'm lost in your description about adding the mixer and effects. I just run it into the In/Out 3 on the FM9 now. I'm also debating just running it in front of the unit so I don't have to add it to new presets but I do hear the change in tone a bit although It's not terrible, just noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom