Digitech Drop Demo w/ Axe Fx

Nice thanks for taking the time. I've seen many a mention, but for one reason or another I never got around to seeing what this pedal actually does. I used to have a Digitech HM2 Harmony Man and it didn't track anywhere close to as well as this one.

How is it for chord strumming?

It would be wonderful to have a version that can also tune up (i.e. simulate capo). If, that is, the tracking is good enough on chords strumming.

It would be wonderful to have a version that can also tune up (i.e. simulate capo). If, that is, the tracking is good enough on chords strumming.

I think that is the main difference between the The Drop and the EHX Pitchfork. The Pitchfork does pitch up and down, while The Drop just detunes.

The tracking is pretty good on chord strumming. The pedal starts to have a hard time on open voiced chords and wide intervals.

I am really on the verge of getting one of these things. I'm finding more of a need for one... Currently I run nothing outboard beyond a foot controller though. So I'm really on the fence. Well done vid. Did not help my GAS.

I always wondered if the axe fx could do something like momentary mode.

The Axe Fx can absolutely do a momentary mode. There's a variety of ways you could do it. One example would be to setup a momentary switch on your midi controller. You could also use a sequencer tied to the pitch block's bypass.

Back
Top Bottom