Digital out of Ultra Axe-FX not working with Echo Layla 3G

Lkdog

Power User
Might be something obvious I am doing wrong, but I cannot seem to get the S/PDIF digital out from my Ultra to work with my Echo Layla 3G.

Here is link to the Layla 3G http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/PCI/Layla3G/specs.php

Says it accepts 24 bit and 32-96khz signals. Should be no problem with the Axe-FX 24/48 signal.

I am using firmware 8.08.
Have the Analog front input selected for my guitar. Simply using Coax out from Axe-Fx to Coax in of Layla 3G.
Is there some setting I am missing? Have read the manual and it seems like Axe-FX should be sending a digital as well as an analog signal out of Output 1 with no problem at the same time.

Anybody else have issues with this?

Otherwise unit seems to work flawlessly from what I can tell. Sounds fantastic. Could not be happier with the purchase. I just wanted to try a little direct recording. I bought it used a couple weeks ago.

Maybe try the newer firmware?

Clock, maybe? I believe the soundcard has to be the slave to the Axe-FX clock, but you'll need to read the details for your particular unit to know how to do that. Then again, I don't really know anything about it... my Alesis IO26 firewire interface just magically worked with the Axe-FX S/PDIF output...

Daniel

Dpoirier said:
Clock, maybe? I believe the soundcard has to be the slave to the Axe-FX clock, but you'll need to read the details for your particular unit to know how to do that. Then again, I don't really know anything about it... my Alesis IO26 firewire interface just magically worked with the Axe-FX S/PDIF output...

Daniel

Right... you must set the Echo clock to EXTERNAL 48KHz 24 bit!

:!:

Thank You for your responses. Will check that out when I get home this evening to see if the Echo has an option to set specifically to EXTERNAL 48KHz 24 bit.

Think I got it going now. Had to nose around the Echo settings for a bit to find the correct tabs and settings.

Thanks guys. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom