Digital mono delay block hiss sound

kavevester

Inspired
Axe III.

Try this preset and hear the hiss sound from the delay block. It is only present using the digital mono effect. Change to digital and it goes away. Think its a bug in the Axe.

Attachments

• Hiss.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 8
Axe III.

Try this preset and hear the hiss sound from the delay block. It is only present using the digital mono effect. Change to digital and it goes away. Think its a bug in the Axe.
I don't hear it. You are generating CPU warnings on scenes 2-4 on my FX3 Mk 2 and the levels are really hot.

The noise floor on the axe is amazing. At the same time, not all of us have the luxury of having a huge faraday cage around our setups. ;)
A Faraday cage would be useful for EMI, but hiss would typically be electronics inside the unit or in something in the signal chain.

Well, ;) should have indicated playfulness including being "technically wrong".

Last edited:
Its in the delay trail and a part of the sound. Not background
Probably the gate opening up.

There are a variety of problems with that preset. You have two blocks in parallel with Bypass Mode set to Thru. That will double the signal going into the Amp block. The signal out of the Amp block is WAY too high. You're overdriving the snot out of the Delay block.

Last edited:
Here is the sound. Checked taht no signal in the chain and output is below red. Can you hear it now?

Attachments

• Sound.zip
    193.2 KB · Views: 9
Here is the sound. Checked taht no signal in the chain and output is below red. Can you hear it now?
Is Cliff said, your problem is gain staging.

The delay has a drive parameter. Even with it set at 0, you're hitting the input of the delay so hard that it distorts anyway. So basically, turn down the output of the amp block A LOT (20-30 dB depending on the scene) and reset the output block so everything is to 0.

And yeah, you need to save some CPU. I would use the detune type in the pitch block instead of the quad chromatic. That would save some serious CPU. Other ways are using a lower quality in the reverb block, or use less than all 4 IR slots.

Back
Top Bottom