Digital IEM MIPRO MI 58 or MI 909?

Sauro_on_guitar

Inspired
Vendor
Hi everybody!
I'm searching for the best audio quality for my wireless IEM.
I have a quite good Audio Technica system but I'm searching for more.
I always ask myself why there's still no digital wireless IEM and...I was wrong. There's the MIPRO 909 and 58 system. Reading the specs they assure a way better sound quality, no interferences and so on but...
does anyone here use it? The 58 cost almost half the price than the 909... What's the best choice for an pro amateur guitarist with "normal" gigs (no stadiums, no 20k people venue)... The biggest stage I had was 16m x 12m

Disclaimer: I haven’t used either, but here are some things to think about.

• the 58 model uses a license-free band (5.8 GHz). Right now, that band is not as “cluttered” as the 2.4GHz band, but over time, I imagine it will be. If there are other band members using wireless instrument or IEM, it may be better to use the “traditional” RF bands that the 909 occupies, so that it’s easier to coordinate frequencies.
  • on the other hand, the 909 has 5.6ms of latency, and the 58 is reported to have around 2.2ms.

Food for thought!

I know this is old but maybe it's useful, I was curious about the MIPRO, mentioned 909 is 2x the cost of the 580-I it's actually maybe a 3rd more if that. Regardless I got the 580 and it is superb to say the least!! I am not a headphones player and enjoy my ax3 thru frfr, the MIPRO is just as awsome if not more so. Super clear , the included ear buds are really impressive as well , as I had a set of really good to compare and the ones that came with the 580 are smoking good, nice and warm!!!! Zero latency zero dropouts next to a huge router!!

I know this is old but maybe it's useful, I was curious about the MIPRO, mentioned 909 is 2x the cost of the 580-I it's actually maybe a 3rd more if that. Regardless I got the 580 and it is superb to say the least!! I am not a headphones player and enjoy my ax3 thru frfr, the MIPRO is just as awsome if not more so. Super clear , the included ear buds are really impressive as well , as I had a set of really good to compare and the ones that came with the 580 are smoking good, nice and warm!!!! Zero latency zero dropouts next to a huge router!!
Still enjoying the 580? I have the 909 and was wondering to switch.

Hi everybody!
I'm searching for the best audio quality for my wireless IEM.
I have a quite good Audio Technica system but I'm searching for more.
I always ask myself why there's still no digital wireless IEM and...I was wrong. There's the MIPRO 909 and 58 system. Reading the specs they assure a way better sound quality, no interferences and so on but...
does anyone here use it? The 58 cost almost half the price than the 909... What's the best choice for an pro amateur guitarist with "normal" gigs (no stadiums, no 20k people venue)... The biggest stage I had was 16m x 12m
My 909 has been solid for several years. No issues.

Also a relatively new Mipro 909 user upgraded from shure psm (300?) and the mipro is nice. Only issues i ever experienced were when i wasnt able to use a XLR to connect to a board

Yes, it's still solid! I wouldn't mind some highly regarded ears but peeps say the cost is over rated
I think ears is for sweat not drowning out buds and low end. Certainly don't have to spend a ton on them. But $400 or less should get you customs. Anything over triple drivers is a waste. Or at least not needed in most cases.

Mipro makes a good product, they do a lot of OEM for other companies. I ordered Mipro IEMs for singers in a couple bands I am in, and they love them. I work for a company that is a Mipro dealer, and we have used a bunch of their products - with mostly great results. The only issue is it is getting difficult to get them right now in the US. The US importer seems to not be getting much stock now days.

Does anyone know if the mipro would be a significant enough improvement over my current system which is an old Akg ivm4500? It is like 10+ years old. What would I gain or lose in terms of audio quality/performance in going with a mipro 58 or 909?

Does anyone know if the mipro would be a significant enough improvement over my current system which is an old Akg ivm4500? It is like 10+ years old. What would I gain or lose in terms of audio quality/performance in going with a mipro 58 or 909?
Hard to say without doing an a/b with the specs on both mentioned systems. I would imagine that information is available. I have an MIPRO and it's very impressive, never a drop out and crystal clear. I do not have the other system you mentioned. A/b the specs on both would be the best way to start

Hello guys, I have been checking the specs on the Mipro systems: the MI909 and the MI58
Does anybody of you know which one of these have a built-in limiter?
I do not seem to find any specs saying yes or no on neither one... if not how do you fix that lack?
Havin a limiter helps prevent dropouts, clipping and other issues like blowing up your IEM headphones, etc...

Hello guys, I have been checking the specs on the Mipro systems: the MI909 and the MI58
Does anybody of you know which one of these have a built-in limiter?
I do not seem to find any specs saying yes or no on neither one... if not how do you fix that lack?
Havin a limiter helps prevent dropouts, clipping and other issues like blowing up your IEM headphones, etc...
My 909 doesn’t have a built in limiter but I’ve never had any dropouts or clipping or spikes. I emailed the salesman for them once, his name is Mike, and he gave a good reason as to why the limiters weren’t used or needed. So maybe shoot him an email.

My 909 doesn’t have a built in limiter but I’ve never had any dropouts or clipping or spikes. I emailed the salesman for them once, his name is Mike, and he gave a good reason as to why the limiters weren’t used or needed. So maybe shoot him an email.

ohh ok that makes sense, and yeah I wrote him, will have a call with him so those doubts can be cleared out - what was the reason he gave to you back then? Thanks so much for your answer.

This was his quote, “Limiters were popular 10-15 years ago. But no one ever used them. There really aren't spikes and feedback in your ears. And the limiter muffled the hell out of the sound. Robbed it of all high-end. So no one ever used it.“

i took his word for it. I’ve only had two in ear systems, the mipro 909 and the Shure se300. I had two really bad gigs with the Shure that made me look elsewhere. I think the Shure had a limiter but I’ve never experienced a noise spike regardless

This was his quote, “Limiters were popular 10-15 years ago. But no one ever used them. There really aren't spikes and feedback in your ears. And the limiter muffled the hell out of the sound. Robbed it of all high-end. So no one ever used it.“

i took his word for it. I’ve only had two in ear systems, the mipro 909 and the Shure se300. I had two really bad gigs with the Shure that made me look elsewhere. I think the Shure had a limiter but I’ve never experienced a noise spike regardless

Pretty informative, thanks man!, this is so useful, I have always played with amps and cabs, and never had buck to get IEMs - bought a couple of Chinese DDebra (mono) to rehearse with my band, and due to the cheap price it had good reviews for the cost - but I end up not hearing what I want even with personal mix on each body pack, and mono IEMs are a pain in the @ss tbh, and if you are an IEM noob like me, you tend to trial and error these things, so a cheap one was to play around and understand how these things work before getting something more reliable and higher end....

Pretty informative, thanks man!, this is so useful, I have always played with amps and cabs, and never had buck to get IEMs - bought a couple of Chinese DDebra (mono) to rehearse with my band, and due to the cheap price it had good reviews for the cost - but I end up not hearing what I want even with personal mix on each body pack, and mono IEMs are a pain in the @ss tbh, and if you are an IEM noob like me, you tend to trial and error these things, so a cheap one was to play around and understand how these things work before getting something more reliable and higher end....
Well if it helps, IEM is ultimately just a different sound. Not better or worse but just different. Personally I’m very anal about maintaining healthy hearing. And having iems makes me feel like I’m playing in my own world of sound at a gig and I like that feeling.

Edit: I should add the only time I’ve experienced some bad quality in my mipro IEMs was when I didn’t use an XLR cable to our board. Mike warned me of this but I either just forgot or didn’t have an extra XLR. The mipro can use either a line or xlr cable but he doesn’t recommend using a line because it’s not as good

Well if it helps, IEM is ultimately just a different sound. Not better or worse but just different. Personally I’m very anal about maintaining healthy hearing. And having iems makes me feel like I’m playing in my own world of sound at a gig and I like that feeling.

Edit: I should add the only time I’ve experienced some bad quality in my mipro IEMs was when I didn’t use an XLR cable to our board. Mike warned me of this but I either just forgot or didn’t have an extra XLR. The mipro can use either a line or xlr cable but he doesn’t recommend using a line because it’s not as good

Gotcha! Yeah on point - thanks for all the suggestions I think this will help out a lot, will have to wait for stuff to be in stock tho, he is out of 909s right now. And MI-58 cannot be stacked on vertical, and Mike told me that there is no antenna combiner yet for this.

Back
Top Bottom